ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If this has been discussed before, kindly point me in the right direction. Thanks.

I am interested in finally getting an up and downpipe and upgrading to stage 2 in the near future. However, because I live in cali and also because I do not wish to pollute the air any more than I have to, I would like to run at least one cat.

The first option would be to run a high-flow cat in the downpipe, then get a catless midpipe.

The second (cheaper and more desirable option) would be to run a catless downpipe, and keep the cat in the midpipe.

I know that with a relatively stock WRX, a high flow cat will yield about the same results as a catless downpipe. My question is, would I get the same performance if I ran the stock midpipe cat, or worse? Any responses will be appreciated.

·
Registered
299 Posts
I would go with the catless DP and high-flow last cat. Who's exhaust do you want to use? I've got a TurboXS exhaust and I run fully catless because TN isn't very strict on emissions but I have the last cat section that I bolt on when I go to take the visual test (which usually consists of them looking for that last cat with a mirror).

I figure since most cars have the cat in that mid-section area that it would be best to have a cat there instead of the DP so if any authorities wanna look for a cat then it's right there.

·
Registered
0 Posts
djoye said:
I figure since most cars have the cat in that mid-section area that it would be best to have a cat there instead of the DP so if any authorities wanna look for a cat then it's right there.
And that's why I got the Stealthback with highflow cat. :) It's right where Officer Ollie is going to be looking for it :)

·
Registered
620 Posts
can we make a list of diffrent manufacture with diffrent inlet design and DP section ONLY

i am also looking for the same thing

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
whoa!!! I was gonna say drop them off at the humane society but I usually just dump them at some friends house when they are really young.

But i just saw a catted downpipe made by a manufacturer in the vendors section. looks pretty good too.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank you all for the advice. I guess for now I am going to go with a catless downpipe with the stock midpipe. If anyone knows of any vendors who sell a midpipe with a high flow cat, please let me know.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts