ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So today I'm driving and I'm in 3rd gear at about 2500 rpms and all of a sudden they jump up to about 3500 and drop down again. I thought maybe I touched the clutch and it was just a mistake but then it kept on doing it and it's also doing it in 4th now! I have no idea what is going on so any help would be appreciated!:)

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,224 Posts
It sounds like your clutch is slipping.

·
Registered
0 Posts
yep... its your clutch

·
29,224 Posts
From what you've said, yes. If the car revs but does not accelerate when under load, the clutch is slipping -- it does not have enough "clamping" force left. How many miles on the car? Hard miles (your car looks quite new)? Modified motor?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
about 130,000 miles on it but the clutch was replaced about 15,000 miles ago. The only mods that affect the engine are the turbo back exhaust, ram air, and bov (and yes I know the bov is probably bad and I plan on putting the bpv on it asap)

·
29,224 Posts
It's beyond odd that your first clutch experience and your second clutch experience are so different. If you had the clutch installed by a shop, you might give them a call.

·
Registered
4,142 Posts
So today I'm driving and I'm in 3rd gear at about 2500 rpms and all of a sudden they jump up to about 3500 and drop down again. I thought maybe I touched the clutch and it was just a mistake but then it kept on doing it and it's also doing it in 4th now! I have no idea what is going on so any help would be appreciated!:)
Were you watching Riverdance at the time?:rotfl:

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
It's really hard to answer how much it'll be to fix since it's very abnormal for this to be happening 15k miles after it was replaced. It sounds like something was installed wrong. It may be as simple as tightening some things up, or the clutch may need to be replaced.

·
Registered
0 Posts
they probabbly didnt balance it properly

what kind of clutch is it ?

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
well how much should that cost to fix or is it something that's pretty easy to do yourself?
Depends on your mechanical skill level.It's pretty labor intensive but not hard.Scoobymods.com has a write up with pictures.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
well I was driving up to the mountains this weekend and on the way up I felt like it was loosing all of it's power. So it doesn't just feel like it's a slip but maybe that the clutch is worn...I wasn't the one to put the clutch on and it was actually the previous owner. Would a mechanic be able to find out if the guy was lying when he said he replaced the clutch?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts