ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got an 05 wrx with a dc uppipe, megan down pipe, M2 3in catless exhaust, and I just got 6star speed to rebuild my td04 with a 18t upgrade, also have a CAI, 650cc injectors, walbro 255, grimmspeed boost sol, and I will get it tuned at COBB. MY question is what header should I get and not the most costly header but still be a good product for my build, I get lots of ideas from reading but what works for the parts I already have? thanks for any help

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
I wouldn't bother with headers at this point. What TMIC are you running?

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
agreed. Skip headers. If anything look into grimmspeed Port and polishing and coating the stock units.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
good call guys just checkin before I buy them. the 18t uprade gets a port polish and getting it coated by 6star speed you should give them a look great deals. what else would make for better autox power and speed? stock intercoolr but I have a larger one just having fit issue.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
look into TGV deletes, P&P work on your intake manifold, exhaust manifolds, etc. Also, what suspension/brake upgrades do you have? That can be just as beneficial if not more than power

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
BC br coilover, end links, 26frnt sway, 24 rear sway, sub frame bolts, rear H6 big break kit, DBA large frnt disc hawk pads, strut bars frnt and rear. whats a TGV delete and where can I get it?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
About the TGV, how much work to get it out and back on and are there any reliability issues that will occur?The TGV looks wise other than removal. will it be that great a change?

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Personally, I don't agree your suspension looks good. Any coilover setup that's only $1000 isn't worth it. You'd have been much better off with a good spring/strut combo. You've done a good job on choosing the rest of your setup though.

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Personally, I don't agree your suspension looks good. Any coilover setup that's only $1000 isn't worth it. You'd have been much better off with a good spring/strut combo. You've done a good job on choosing the rest of your setup though.
Completely missed that he said coilovers on there. I agree here, the rest looks good though. As for TGV's they are a pain to do and it will not be a huge change but will help with airflow. Do some searching on here and Nasioc and you will find all sorts of info

1 - 10 of 10 Posts