ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that I am new to this site. But in no way am I new to these types of sites. I came from HI, where there were numerous car clubs and forums for al types of cars. I got here and nada! I am not bagging on this site one bit. I love this site, but it would be nice to have something closer to home like in HI. I have talked to some of ya that lived in the seattle area. But that isnt always a feasible destination for someone who lives about an hour away.

So here is the deal. I have seen so many subies in the Kitsap county area that it amazes me there arent more people on here from the area. I talked to one guy about a site called Midnight Motorsports and that was a dud as well. Site was broken and ya couldnt post in some areas because you didnt have team member status. I propose this:

In Hawaii, there was a site locally for cars and then a national site as well, kind of like this one. I have had some experience with websites and forums. I want to start a local site for Subies, Evos, SRTs, ect. It would be based out of the Silverdale/Bremerton area, but that doesnt mean anyone else in the Pacific NW couldnt join. It would have a section dedicated to general chat, each maker of cars w/ sub-categories for popular models, classifieds, and eventually maybe vendors from the local area like World One Performance(props) and others. I must admit, I havent thought of a name yet. But really, is there any kind of intrest in this. Heck, I would even think about having a Section for each region in the area so that owners of all types could meet and share about cars.

SO, if ya are in the kitsap area, LMK......heck, even if ya arent, LMK.

·
Banned
2,593 Posts
You might know one of my friends kirk, he drives an 02 blue wrx. Mostly post's on nasioc and has meets.

Best of luck with that forum/site or whatever.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is more potent than a close knit group of subie owners that cruise together and hang out together in a local area?? Trust me, I will help make this place more potent. But I am looking for a local group as well.

·
Registered
621 Posts
That is what we did here in Portland. So make it happen in your area. Then we can do a true Northwest meet. Do more research. There are a lot of people doing meets up there.

·
Registered
289 Posts
I know that I am new to this site. But in no way am I new to these types of sites. I came from HI, where there were numerous car clubs and forums for al types of cars. I got here and nada! I am not bagging on this site one bit. I love this site, but it would be nice to have something closer to home like in HI. I have talked to some of ya that lived in the seattle area. But that isnt always a feasible destination for someone who lives about an hour away.

So here is the deal. I have seen so many subies in the Kitsap county area that it amazes me there arent more people on here from the area. I talked to one guy about a site called Midnight Motorsports and that was a dud as well. Site was broken and ya couldnt post in some areas because you didnt have team member status. I propose this:

In Hawaii, there was a site locally for cars and then a national site as well, kind of like this one. I have had some experience with websites and forums. I want to start a local site for Subies, Evos, SRTs, ect. It would be based out of the Silverdale/Bremerton area, but that doesnt mean anyone else in the Pacific NW couldnt join. It would have a section dedicated to general chat, each maker of cars w/ sub-categories for popular models, classifieds, and eventually maybe vendors from the local area like World One Performance(props) and others. I must admit, I havent thought of a name yet. But really, is there any kind of intrest in this. Heck, I would even think about having a Section for each region in the area so that owners of all types could meet and share about cars.

SO, if ya are in the kitsap area, LMK......heck, even if ya arent, LMK.
I agree

·
Registered
621 Posts
Start your own thread for your area and start talking to people in your area. I bet if it took off then they would make it into a sticky.

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
Theres LOTS of people from WA on here. I see some people hosting Meets from WA. I know theres a run today!!

I Host meets for us Portland Area people. We do a big meet once a month. We've Become a Very CLOSE net of Friends.. I mean FAMILY now.. :) Heck.. people from WA come all the way down to come on my Runs/Meets. Also, Different strokes(our car club) are abunch of us close friends have SRT4's, STI's, WRX's, Turbo'd jetta, MR2, Forester... We also invite the other forums on my runs. :)

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Problem is that most of the WA guys are in Seattle and that is an hour or more away. While that is cool, it could be even cooler to have a bunch of close to home guys to cruise with and talk cars with. Heck, in Hawaii we used to go to a guys house and have a parts install day. That is what I am looking to create.

So in saying that.......

·
Registered
471 Posts
There's a few of us in Olympia, so please don't blame people for their location when your living in the middle of nowhere, however, I go to Bremerton for my track days so we do come to your neck of the woods, and there is at least one cascade run and Olympic penninsula run a year. patience my friend

·
Registered
289 Posts
Problem is that most of the WA guys are in Seattle and that is an hour or more away. While that is cool, it could be even cooler to have a bunch of close to home guys to cruise with and talk cars with. Heck, in Hawaii we used to go to a guys house and have a parts install day. That is what I am looking to create.

So in saying that.......
I agree with what your saying, but your not always gonna get people that own wrxs around where you live, heck I live in roseburg, oregon and Ive seen 2 wrx in the 8 months Ive lived here, which I will be moving to bend in a couple months and I hear theres alot of them up there.

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
There's a few of us in Olympia, so please don't blame people for their location when your living in the middle of nowhere, however, I go to Bremerton for my track days so we do come to your neck of the woods, and there is at least one cascade run and Olympic penninsula run a year. patience my friend
You can sugar coat every once in a while, you know that right? :rotfl:

OP, i'm in Gig Harbor. I'm really busy and most of the time can only meet on weekends. PM me if you have something in mind for a meet or something and i'll let you know if i can make it. It'd be cool to have a Different Strokes WA (as long as the OR peeps didn't wanna kick our asses for stealing their name, hahaha) that met up w/ the OR branch every other month or something.

As far as the local web site deal... i don't wanna sound harsh at all so don't take this the wrong way. I think it would turn into a street racing forum for local teens. Granted you could heavily moderate it and i'd be happy to help with that. It just seems to me that there's a very large street racing presence here. Maybe i'm wrong and you could use it to help people realize that it's not the right way to do things... maybe even get a late night drag strip type sponsorship or something once a month because of it if you stayed straight and narrow. My $.02. There's lots of potential in the area with the right kind of influence.

·
Banned
3,595 Posts
I agree with what your saying, but your not always gonna get people that own wrxs around where you live, heck I live in roseburg, oregon and Ive seen 2 wrx in the 8 months Ive lived here, which I will be moving to bend in a couple months and I hear theres alot of them up there.
Dude there's so many WRX's here... it's unbelievable. It's all about getting them all in one place though.

·
Banned
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I just came from HI, where the track got shut down and some people did start to street race.....but not the group I hung with. I am not into that. What I am talking about is legit cruises, legit forums where street racing isnt promoted (lets face it, Cops have the internet too!), and people who want to help better other car enthusiasts. I know I could pull it off.....but I want some intrest in it as well.

As for meets.....they would be on the weekends and planned out so people know when they are. The idea is to get together for the love of the cars, not the rush of a race.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts