Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I will be getting a set of gauges and know I need boost and EGT but not sure on the 3rd. It seem that alot of people are getting oil pressure. Why is this more important than oil temp or fuel pressure? What happens to the oil pressure that needs watching?

G

·
my third would be watter.

oil pressure is usefull to see if your low or high on oil. if your oil pressure is to high that usually means you have to much oil but it could also mean one or more of your oil passages might be clogged. only way to see if they are clogged is stripp the block and use a smoke machine to see if they are all clear. atleast thats the only way i know how to do it. theres probably an easier way. theres probably other useful things of an oil pressure gauge i just dont know.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Oil temp would be a good one...especially since that fancy turbo acts as an oil heater as well as providing boost... =) the car comes with a water temp. gauge...does yours ever move? mine doesn't...

·
Registered
554 Posts
Now keep in mind I know a few people here have the defi gauge pod, but.....it is huge, and carbon fiber. I went with the cup mount on the A pillar, stealth and classy, but not to obvious. The gauges I picked out have a brushed aluminum bezel and green light and match bery well, even when dimmed. Sorry, gauge, singular, I only have a boost/vac gauge so far, EGT soon.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
The one I was looking at is not cf. I've seen pics of of the cf one and it's o.k. but I have no cf trim so it would look out of place. I know they are big but if I don't like it I can always try to resell it. There only $140 so its not a large investment.

·
Registered
19 Posts
So how are you mounting your gauges? I've been trying in vain to find someone using a pillar gauge pod.

G

·
There's a group buy in the works on the I-club (look under Private Classifieds) for 2 and 3 gauge A-pillar pods for the WRX. I think the prototype is still being built, but it supposedly will completely replace the stock pillar and will match the interior perfectly. Seems like most folks are interested in a pod for 52mm gauges.

Just hope we don't have to wait too long - I really want the gauges before I get TurboXS Stage I. :D

·
Registered
400 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just ordered my Defi pod and 60mm gauges with the black face from godspeed. chose boost with psi, EGT and oil temp in C. If anyone has documented an install feel free to post it in tutorial. I can use all the help I can get with this one.

Mark

1 - 14 of 14 Posts