ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What type of fuel do you run in your car? We know high-octane is important to modified vehicles but do you have a favorite brand?

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Whoever sells the cheapest 92 (Oregon doesn't sell 93).

If I wanted to spend $6/gal, there's a shop down the street that sells ethanol-free gas (farm equipment shop).

·
Registered
2,095 Posts
I mostly fill up at Hess..err.. umm.. I mean Speedway(all hess stations just got rebranded around here). I'm not brand loyal when it comes to gas tho.. if I'm running low I'll fill up anywhere that sells 93, which is just about every local gas station.

·
2,549 Posts
The Trashwagon was either Shell or Sunoco 93 octane for the 13 years I owned it. The OBXT has been mostly Sunoco 93, but with a fairly high percentage of Sheetz 93 for the last couple of years.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,137 Posts
Whatever reputable place I am near when I need gas. I don't get too hung up on branding of the station. I do not like the sketch looking places because I worry about the tanks being contaminated with water. There was a super busy station close to me a few years ago that had that issue.

·
I Drink & I Know Things
2,440 Posts
Whatever reputable place I am near when I need gas. I don't get too hung up on branding of the station. I do not like the sketch looking places because I worry about the tanks being contaminated with water. There was a super busy station close to me a few years ago that had that issue.
I agree, but as a creature of habit I hit up Shell each and every time since it's easy in and out on my way to work in the morning.
I experienced a bad gas issue with my 08 WRX (at least I think). It was a BP. After the Gulf incident they changed identities and became Shell. It's also under new management. For years now no issues.

·
Administrator ...De Rerum Natura
20,137 Posts
I agree, but as a creature of habit I hit up Shell each and every time since it's easy in and out on my way to work in the morning.
I experienced a bad gas issue with my 08 WRX (at least I think). It was a BP. After the Gulf incident they changed identities and became Shell. It's also under new management. For years now no issues.
Yeah I totally get the habit and convenience thing.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,397 Posts
Chevron used to have really decent coffee, the van Houte stuff. Now it's just not as impressive and the prices have gone up slightly. The Shell stations in my area now offer a discount for being a Ralphs card holder (the Dude had a Ralphs card, his only form of ID, and I too am a proud member) and in addition to getting a discount on the fuel you can get a discount on a drive-through car wash also -- yay! Other than that, I shop solely on price.

I've yet to see any convincing evidence that one should not shop solely based on price. There are reasons I've shopped based on other criteria in the past, and will do so in the future, but they have nothing to do with fuel "quality" because there is no such thing as fuel "quality" beyond what is mandated by the law: bathroom cleanliness, lines, coffee quality, whether there is a discount for Ralphs cards, whether there is a working pressure gauge at the air pumps etc. That stuff is actually quantifiable and meaningful. The rest...

Anyway, this is more important than "best gasoline" silliness: Here's a pic of the ca. early 90s era Ralphs card, issued to the Dude, as examined by the chief of police of Malibu (a real reactionary).

·
The Jedi Ninja
3,560 Posts
Shell V Power 93.
Shell stations are everywhere.
Sunoco Ultra 93 is also a great fuel, they are very popular in New England.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts