ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4,033 Posts

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
personally id go witha F&F Motec exhaust system with some canola or olive oil. some ppl run it alittle thicker and use deep fryer oil, but i hear they sometimes have problems with cold starts. and no need for a tune, subarus dont need them of course. u should also get a short ram intake but just cut a hole in the hood so itll get better flow

·
"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre"
2,190 Posts
^^^^ You left out so much good information.

First off... Astroglide is the best oil for the crankcase...... and Anal eze works best in the rear differential. Thats why they call it "anal eze"..... its for the back end.

Secondly, while cutting a hole in the hood works best to increase airflow and produce more horsepower, the factory MAF sensor just impedes said airflow, so the best thing is just to remove the MAF all together.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
make sure you get +11 offset wheels with -18 degrees camber and 67mm wheel spacers.

·
Registered
3,351 Posts
^^^^ You left out so much good information.

Good information, but ya see i live my life a quarter mile at a time and as soon as i started typing the vtec in my brain kicked it and just was like a 50000 shot of Nos. couldnt slow down ya know. but anal eze for the rear diff works wonders. make sure you lube up the seals with some Prep H-tech from Tein.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
and no need for a tune, subarus dont need them of course.
No....for this mod he will absolutely need a tune. Something possibly from Wham or Right said Fred.

First off... Astroglide is the best oil for the crankcase...... and Anal eze works best in the rear differential. Thats why they call it "anal eze"..... its for the back end.

Secondly, while cutting a hole in the hood works best to increase airflow and produce more horsepower, the factory MAF sensor just impedes said airflow, so the best thing is just to remove the MAF all together.
I find that Astroglide seems to work best in both cases. I would not just remove the MAF but the whole air assembly. The lest resistance the better. Toss in some ceramic muffler bearings and kevlar carburetor belts and you should see at least 50 awfrdhp. Next I would purchase an adjustable power band.............

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
:fuu:

I done gots tricked.

In any case, Donkey left out the huge power gains from direct exhaust injection. Also, this thread needs moar turbo encabulators:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts