Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quarter mile? 0-60? Handling (lateral G's)? Braking? Mileage etc etc...?

Are there any official tests? ive never seen any! :confused:

-Jae-

·
Registered
26 Posts
Pick up a road and track. They have results from all their road tests in the back. I don't have one on me now, otherwise I'd post it.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
leelind said:
Pick up a road and track. They have results from all their road tests in the back. I don't have one on me now, otherwise I'd post it.
actually, i dont trust road and track, i think motortrend is the most unbiased and reliable source of info.

·
Registered
679 Posts
Average 1320 is 14.1-14.4 (14.4 being the norm).
Most of the lateral G's weren't that good because they tested with the 16" wheel (crappy tires).

-C

·
Registered
218 Posts
do you trust sport compact car?

if so get the issue with the 6 wrxs shoot out. they compare most of their cars with a stock wrx.

·
Registered
679 Posts
TerribleOne said:
do you trust sport compact car?

if so get the issue with the 6 wrxs shoot out. they compare most of their cars with a stock wrx.
not really. The baseline of 140whp is WAY off. ALL the ones I've seen at 180whp+. The driving tests should be average though.
-C

·
Registered
218 Posts
then what can you trust.

every situtaion is going to be different from the density of the air, the ambient temp, the temp of the road, the kind of road, the kind of driver, etc etc.

gota go by something.

·
Registered
316 Posts
TypeC said:

not really. The baseline of 140whp is WAY off. ALL the ones I've seen at 180whp+. The driving tests should be average though.
-C
I think Sport Compact Car's dyno number are legit because they said they used different type of AWD dyno. That might be why they got much lower HP number than what we're used to seeing.

Also, I wouldn't mind running 12s with "ONLY" 218HP at the wheels ;)

·
Registered
316 Posts
Jtek5si said:
Quarter mile? 0-60? Handling (lateral G's)? Braking? Mileage etc etc...?

Are there any official tests? ive never seen any! :confused:

-Jae-
Since I have the SCC with WRX comparison, I'll post what they got with the stock WRX.

Quarter Mile: [email protected]
0-30: 1.7
0-60: 5.8
Slalom speed: 67.9mph
60-0 Braking distance: 126 ft

don't show lateral G's sorry

Attachments

·
Registered
907 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanx TristineLim, Man that Rex is one fast motha'! For the money too...what is it? like $25,000 or something? Nevermind, im going to surf the web for one right now.

-Jae-

·
Registered
679 Posts
TristineLim said:

I think Sport Compact Car's dyno number are legit because they said they used different type of AWD dyno. That might be why they got much lower HP number than what we're used to seeing.

Also, I wouldn't mind running 12s with "ONLY" 218HP at the wheels ;)
No, I wasn't saying they weren't legit, I was just saying that the SINGLE car that they tested at stock power level was either making much less than normal power (say 40whp) or the dynopack just reads ~40whp less than others. If one do the math 140whp can't make a 3000lb car run 14.1-3.

After that issue, everyone is acting like the WRX isn't powerful; that is until I ripped them a new one! ;)

-C

1 - 12 of 12 Posts