Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
2,155 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I'd ask, since some of you have really weird names!:p

A lot are fairly self-explanatory, but those with odd names (or not-so-odd names) please tell us what they mean/stand for.

Mine is in reference to being "bitten" by the WRX bug.

·
Registered
649 Posts
No meaning, really, but when I was in college, the first user ID I created on my Novell server was Junaitari Kendrabi Wenobi (the witch doctor from Kenya). I've been using it for usernames ever since.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Verdugo = "Executioner" or simply "Bad-ass" in Spanish. My brother game me the name after he watched me play an old computer game known as "Rise of the Triad." I didn't know this at the time, but I have a friend that used to work at a state pen in California and a lot of the inmates have "Verdugo" tattooed on their arm...not quite the meaning I was going for but oh well :D

·
Registered
3,501 Posts
Verdugo said:
"Rise of the Triad." I didn't know this at the time, but I have a friend that used to work at a state pen in California and a lot of the inmates have "Verdugo" tattooed on their arm...not quite the meaning I was going for but oh well :D
ROT Rules!!!

Mine is because I drive a Platinum Silver Metallic WRX, which is the best color. I like Platinum Spark Plugs. Platinum is one of my favorite metals, and I'm opening a shop called Platinum Performance Engineering.

There you go!

-Jim

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
as obvious as mine seems, it's actually a clever acronym
okay, no its not.

my usual SN or handle as the old internet guys call it is zero_vertical

dR

·
Registered
7 Posts
Alas mine is dull and pretty obvious.

I drive a Red WRX, her name is Luci ....and if you cant figure out what that means, perhaps the 666 will tip you off.

-The devil likes to take the forms of appeasing shapes.

·
Registered
9,138 Posts
My friend got sponsored by a bike company and he got a signature BMX frame called the Trailboss. He hooked me up with one. Not much of a story, but its the reason behind it.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
PlatinumWRX said:

ROT Rules!!!

Mine is because I drive a Platinum Silver Metallic WRX, which is the best color. I like Platinum Spark Plugs. Platinum is one of my favorite metals, and I'm opening a shop called Platinum Performance Engineering.

There you go!

-Jim
Man I miss ROTT :( Can't play it anymore without doing the DOS clone thing in Win2k

·
Registered
779 Posts
This is my dogs name.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Since the WRX is more of a driver's car than just pretty to look at, although it is a beautiful machine, I would assume that the majority of the members here are above average drivers. Name is kindav self explanatory, but since I'm new and trying to become known I'll post :cool:

·
Registered
221 Posts
I'm addicted to Sobe energy-drinks/Tea's. I have an ungodly collection of empties that im looking at right now in my cube thinking that i should get rid of but don't have any motivation too.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Mine is short for Funked Up which is a phrase from various P-Funk songs. Funked Up wouldn't fit on the plate so I got FUNKED1.

PS Verdugo - that's a real name. My buddy's name is Miguel Verdugo.

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
FUNKED1 said:
Mine is short for Funked Up which is a phrase from various P-Funk songs. Funked Up wouldn't fit on the plate so I got FUNKED1.

PS Verdugo - that's a real name. My buddy's name is Miguel Verdugo.
Yep, I know :) There's also Verdugo City down in Southern California near Glendale and Verdugo Hills around there too :)

·
Moderating U!
4,192 Posts
In high school I used to be a graffiti artist and my friends used to call me CURLEE because I had long hair that was curly.

One of my graffiti crews was called the Redwood City Dank Daddee Krew.

I also got my graffiti name tattooed on my back.

Kurlee Daddee
(THE ORIGINAL)

·
1,263 Posts
I am an Australian Air Force Flight Lieutenant (USAF Captain equivalent) posted to St Louis for 3 years.
Had a 1994 WRX back home - miss her!! Steering wheel on the other side of course, had to learn to change gears with the other hand!! Once you have a WRX - you can't go back!!!

·
2,210 Posts
I first starting using the Internet in '92. I was connecting to an online game or chatroom and needed a login name. I looked across the room at my mountain bike (I raced at that time). It had carbon fiber forks manufactured by a British company called 'Pace'.

Hence the legacy was born... I have used it ever since. I like the name because of the connotation of the word 'pace'.

-Pace

1 - 20 of 63 Posts