Will Reports Xrays

-Josh

hmm....this thread seems oddly similar to one in OT

·
Registered
679 Posts
iceWRX said:
World Rally eXperimental
Right, the other popular one I've head is World Rally Edition (as in X is edition). The WReXperimental is the correct one I'm told.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I've heard many times that it is short for World Rally Champion. Obviously WRC would be the acronym for this, but it cannot be used due to FIA rules and regulations.

ice, Plat, where did you hear eXperimental?

-Shadow

·
Premium Member
3,539 Posts
Well, whatever the X stands for, the WR is certainly designed to take advantage of the team's success in the WRC.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Shadow said:
I've heard many times that it is short for World Rally Champion. Obviously WRC would be the acronym for this, but it cannot be used due to FIA rules and regulations.

ice, Plat, where did you hear eXperimental?

-Shadow
Actually, Subaru had a hand in creating the WRC. Before WRC, Group A was the top class in world rallying. Prodrive succeded in convincing the FIA to start a new class with different rules called WRC. When the FIA instituted the rule change, guess which manufacturer had a car constructed and ready to go? Needless to say the Prodrive/Subaru team won the championship that year. Interesting stuff. Search the internet for rally history to find out all the details. Read up on the old Group B cars too. 1000hp awd....they were banned because they were too fast. Amazing stuff.

Alin

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.