Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it would be interesting to see what everyone does. Whether it's going to school or working, let us know what you do.

I'm a student at the University of Houston. I'm a double major in business management and marketing. My minor is in European studies. I graduate this December of 2002. I start Law school in the fall of 2003. I plan on becoming a corporate lawyer.

Okay, it's your turn now.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Full-time jobs PNG has held:

Pizza Delivery
Door warehouse worker
Black and white film colorist
Retail firearms sales
Bar doorman/bouncer
Bookkeeper
Budget analyst
Operations coordinator for NOS Automotive Chemicals
Lead technical inspector for a drag racing track

Certifications PNG has earned:

NHRA/SFI certified Tech Inspector (bronze)
California Basic Commercial Pyrotechnics License
Minister in the Universal Life Church

Of course, right now I'm unemployed... :p

·
Registered
129 Posts
Sous Chef

Weasel555... I'm an avid photographer... what camera do you use? You're gonna kill me for going 24mm, but I have a Nikon Pronea 6I...

·
Registered
293 Posts
Full time school at UCLA.

Hopefully I'll be going to law school at Stanford or Berkeley in a couple of years (all this studying and lack of social life has to pay off eventually:( )

·
Premium Member
17,861 Posts
hobbzz,
i started off with a Zenith EM 35mm and now have both Canon EOS 1NRS 35mm + 15 lenses and Nikon F5 with 5 lenses(personal)

a Canon G1 digital camera, EOS D60 digital (work)

Nikon proena is APS ?? as for the 24mm nice wide angle lens :)

·
Registered
180 Posts
i'm a full time undergraduate student at the university of illinois. i'm in my senior year, but due to various things i'll be graduating in may '04. i'm majoring in computer engineering.

Weasel, I think the 24mm reference was to the size of the APS film, not his lens :) Very nice camera collection you have... I would kill for the D60. I have a Nikon N80 with 2 lenses.

Hobzz, what restaurant?

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Caster Troy said:
Full time school at UCLA.

Hopefully I'll be going to law school at Stanford or Berkeley in a couple of years (all this studying and lack of social life has to pay off eventually:( )
It will. Don't you worry. Which facet of law are you planning on going into?

afpdl -- what are you studying at HBU?

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
Right not Biology and Biochemistry molecular biology, but that could change at any time, BTW we have a double major system here so they are both my majors one is not a minor.

Alex

·
Registered
3,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
afpdl said:
Right not Biology and Biochemistry molecular biology, but that could change at any time, BTW we have a double major system here so they are both my majors one is not a minor.

Alex
I'm seeing med school in your future. My best friend is doing that right now...it's a lot of work, but seems like fun.

·
Registered
1,053 Posts
WRXin' said:

I'm seeing med school in your future. My best friend is doing that right now...it's a lot of work, but seems like fun.
Ehh maybe I havent decided yet, there are other things I can do in medicine that dont require me being a doctor, and as I said it can change at any time.

Alex

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Helpdesk Lead at the University of Washington. I get to boss around students and read the forums all day. :D

·
Registered
178 Posts
Systems Engineer, design and implement computer networks (LAN/WANs, routers/firewalls, servers).

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Manager of Major Contracts - We build large power plants and all of the construction work is subcontracted. Contract values run rom about $1MM up to $130MM.

The market is way down now. Were we busy, I'd never have time to visit the boards.

misterx

·
Registered
178 Posts
MisterX said:
The market is way down now. Were we busy, I'd never have time to visit the boards.

misterx
Same here, the IT industry was a booming market, highly paid jobs (more jobs than there was people to fill them), then pop goes the .COM bubble. People loosing their job all over the place in the IT field.

The company I work for, we had nearly 2000 employees in Australia, today, we are closer to the 1000 mark, alot of them got made redundant.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
I know what you mean AUST-WRX... I had to become a consultant and partner up with a friend of mine just to make a buck. Jobs are zilch here in paradise. :(

·
1,379 Posts
I'm a financial analyst for a foodservice company. I mostly do budgeting and reporting....

1 - 20 of 101 Posts