ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
Pointless. The tires mounted are not worth the hassle of shipping. I'd recommend seeing how much money you can budget for wheels and tires, then increasing that budget by a little bit -- stretch the budget a bit -- and buy ONLY tires with your existing rims.

Being a tire snob is the one snobbery I applaud. Spend a bit more than you think you could possibly spend on tires at all times. I've lived by the rule and perhaps because of the rule.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
humm, kinda like the black on black gun metal thing going with them. they have to be lighter then my stock rims.

·
Registered
0 Posts
go wit some rotas!

i love my gunmetal tarmacII's and they are definately lighter than my stockers!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
0 Posts
ya i love my rotas! they arent exensive either!

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,208 Posts
humm, kinda like the black on black gun metal thing going with them. they have to be lighter then my stock rims.
Whether they're lighter or not, if you absolutely must have them, buy better tires. Looks are irrelevant compared to safety.

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have the stock tires on the car. The evil all season squeal everytime i go around a conner fast. Thinking of eventually getting some kumhos..

·
Registered
0 Posts
dude most people will rag on mine but i cant even get them to squeal unless i pull real hard in a parkin lot!

pirelli p zero neros! ftw!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
I started to work an extra five hours extra per billing period:screwy:... What i really want is this indash nav system. I have a garmin (c230) that has a suction cup to attached to the wind shield. But it gets in the way when i'm trying to drive so... Thinking i might sell it and use the $$ for the in dash nav system. It's gonna take a while thought... I'm only making 50 dollars extra per billing period.

Eclipse AVN5500
-the best i can find it on e-bay is like 690ish.
-

·
Registered
0 Posts
ya i installin a simple stereo for my subie so i can at least bump somethin!

alpine headunit wit ipod connector
alpine speakers all around
Niche 650 watt dual amp
niche 10in. sub!
bass controller

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hopefully nav system isn't that much harder.

·
Registered
0 Posts
shouldnt be!

if u know electrical!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
not really... probibly just end up shocking myself...

·
Registered
0 Posts
just disconnect ur battery before u do any electrical!

promise me that!

i had a friend work on a 67 chevy 350(engine) wit me, we were doin a spark check and he held onto the spark plug wire.....lets just say 15,000 volts dont feel so good!

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Ouchy... that would suck... touching a electric fence is bad enough... Yah, i will probibly have it installed professtionally..

·
Registered
28 Posts
dude most people will rag on mine but i cant even get them to squeal unless i pull real hard in a parkin lot!

pirelli p zero neros! ftw!
I agree, love my pirellis. Got them for less than $600 shipped from tirerack.

As for the wheels, i'd say keep your eyes peeled for a used set of forged wheels, or even go with rotas. I rock the rotas, and i don't worry too much about the curbage cause they're old, and they came with the car.

·
Premium Member
14,838 Posts
I agree, love my pirellis. Got them for less than $600 shipped from tirerack.

As for the wheels, i'd say keep your eyes peeled for a used set of forged wheels, or even go with rotas. I rock the rotas, and i don't worry too much about the curbage cause they're old, and they came with the car.
pirellis are GREAT Tires... Chan has them on his SRT4 and he LOVES his too!! They Hook... that what hes says all the time... " I like em.. they Hook!! "

1 - 20 of 20 Posts