ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum and new to Sabaru in general.

I recently lost my 2005 acura rsx type s due to some kid texting driving and deciding to rear end me.

I found a 2009 WRX for sale around my area and a few questions i and about it.

the car has 89,000 miles

it is currently getting a new long block from the dealership and a new clutch. i talked to the owner, he said he went in for a ticking sound and the dealership said they will be replacing the motor under warranty (has up to 100k mile warranty ) and since the car is there he said he decided to get a new clutch.

he did not give me details on why the motor was getting replaced. (said he wasn't sure and i can call and talk to the service advisor, but i know they won't release info to me since i am not the owner)

What do you guys think? he is asking 18k firm. (right around blue book). i like the idea of the car having a new engine and possibly coming with a warranty from the dealership, but should i be concerned that it is being replaced only at 89k? id be keeping this car for a while, if the motor went out so soon, should i be worried about anything else that could break soon or in the near future.

i did get a chance to sneak on the lot and look at the car while my brother was test driving the new impreza (he's in the market for a car too) and everything looked accurate. the front end was sitting higher than normal meaning the motor was pulled out of the car. and i did a quick walk around and car looked good.

any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank You!

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
09 had a common engine failure. I believe they spun bearings, so that very well could be it. If that is it then it shouldn't be a problem to buy. I'm sure Subaru will fix the issue with the new long block.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
09 had a common engine failure. I believe they spun bearings, so that very well could be it. If that is it then it shouldn't be a problem to buy. I'm sure Subaru will fix the issue with the new long block.
thanks for the info. im search for the issue and read up on it!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts