ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im ok with the chassis having high miles. Im more worried about the car being over complicated due to the engine build/ components that have been added. I dont want to have to drop $500 every time I pull it out of the garage.

·
Registered
902 Posts
Agile Auto is a very reputable Subaru shop for building and tuning but it's always a risk buying a modified car. I personally wouldn't buy it if it was going to be my only car and was making payments.

·
The Member
4,146 Posts
Buying a car with these kinds of mods is a huge risk in my opinion.

You didn't do them yourself, you don't know how well they were done. Aside from that 536 AWHP isn't DD material lol. Some here will say it is, but that is a huge number for these cars.

Also it's wayyyyyy overpriced. Adding mods doesn't increase value.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thats what I was thinking.

So as far as the build on the car, how many miles would you expect to get out of the car running on pump gas mode only?

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,466 Posts
One thing that makes the car cheap is that longevity is unpredictable. Nobody knows.

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
I would not use the phrase "reliable DD" when describing that car.

·
Good news, everyone!
3,856 Posts
I would not use the phrase "reliable DD" when describing that car.
This. That car is a money pit waiting to be opened.

·
Æternum
20,940 Posts
Lol, hmmm. 536whp ~ 660 hp at the crank.

Now let's do the math here... 660 hp out of a 2.5L motor, that's 260 hp per liter...

Yeah I don't think any car on the road will have good reliability at 260 hp per liter...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
What about if I keep the car on pump gas all the time? I dont need anymore than 360whp. One thing that is for sure is I DO NOT need a money pit!

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
IGOTRBO said:
What about if I keep the car on pump gas all the time? I dont need anymore than 360whp. One thing that is for sure is I DO NOT need a money pit!
To have an HFS-5 kit and not use it is like banging a hooker without using the condom in your pocket.

·
Æternum
20,940 Posts
To have an HFS-5 kit and not use it is like banging a hooker without using the condom in your pocket.

Agreed. Meth makes things more safer and more fun.

Wait, are we still talking about cars?

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
zax said:
Agreed. Meth makes things more safer and more fun.

Wait, are we still talking about cars?
Yes and no.

There's a significant difference in the pump / pump+meth tunes (14.5 vs 26 PSI), so it really depends how heavily the map relies on the extra octane.

Personally, I would run meth more as a safety net rather than for power, but not everyone feels that way.

·
Æternum
20,940 Posts
Yes and no.

There's a significant difference in the pump / pump+meth tunes (14.5 vs 26 PSI), so it really depends how heavily the map relies on the extra octane.
I'm confused. I thought we were talking about Hookers and Meth? :confused:

·
Master Baiter
22,115 Posts
IGOTRBO said:
hahaha, ok well with that said running it on meth would you still call it a money pit?
Like I said, it really depends on how the meth is being utilized.

I would not buy that car, if I were you. It's got a bunch of nice parts, but when you get that invested, reliability drops significantly. Since you made a comment about a DD, it reenforces my sentiment.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts