ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok im sure a lot of people will blast me for what i did but i wanted to see how it looked and i love it

i have a 2002 wrx mbp love it so im strapped for cash during the holidays so i did a few "free mods" with some paint and some vht tint tell me what you guys think...

Attachments

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Not my thing, but if you're happy, that's what counts :)

·
Registered
165 Posts
Our opinions do not really matter as long as your happy with it. Personally, it is not something I would have done but that is just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
I always question whether anybody will be able to see you brake when you tint things that dark.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Man I should have had a subaru all along with my talons tsi I had and my 3kgt vr4 just for doing thing that can't be seen I would get flamed by everyone. Wrx guys are really cool well yea I had fears that no one would be able to see my break lights, before I did it I order the super bright led brake lights as a precaution. I haven't put them in yet but you can see my break lights just fine with out the led's . Here's more photos of my new lip and painted winter rims. Also I did the eyebrow till I could get my morett headlights painted and put on, I have been contemplating doing the morett tail lights. I'm still undecided if they will look good or not never seen them in person. So what do u guys think?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
13,124 Posts
gold wheels look great on black. hate the taillight tint and the eyebrows.

morette tails look awful IMO, however when done right morette headlights look great.

·
Æternum
20,598 Posts
Yeah I'm not a fan of the visual mods, but it's not my car so do what you will.

You mentioned it's a project. What are you goals?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
My goal is to complete the exterior carbon hood roof trunk and rear bumper, and my big goal is to reach 300-350 awhp and one day to be over 400 awhp I have the ecu unlocked, I have injectors cold air intake by injen I'm getting a fmic kit. I wanna 180degree the manifold and I need a bigger turbo I'm thinking 20g plus I'm gonna rebuild my extra transmission to handle it all. I just want something close to what I had in my 3kgt vr4, it was pushing 400 awhp that's with two 16g turbos a big fmic 1000cc walbro fuel pump injectors full exhaust a built trans forged piston crank just fully built

·
Æternum
20,598 Posts
My goal is to complete the exterior carbon hood roof trunk and rear bumper, and my big goal is to reach 300-350 awhp and one day to be over 400 awhp I have the ecu unlocked, I have injectors cold air intake by injen I'm getting a fmic kit. I wanna 180degree the manifold and I need a bigger turbo I'm thinking 20g plus I'm gonna rebuild my extra transmission to handle it all. I just want something close to what I had in my 3kgt vr4, it was pushing 400 awhp that's with two 16g turbos a big fmic 1000cc walbro fuel pump injectors full exhaust a built trans forged piston crank just fully built
Look. I'm refraining from flaming you. Your mod list is all jacked up. You need direction.

If you want 400whp, a 11 year old bugeye is not your ticket. Achieving 400whp on a brand new 2002 WRX was very VERY expensive 11 years ago. Sell the WRX and buy something else. That's my suggestion to you.

In the meantime, sell that Injen piece of crap. They are known for skewing MAF readings. If you want a larger turbo (TD05-18G is the largest I'd go on a 2.0L), you'll need all the supporting mods. That includes braking and handling modifications. Want 400whp? You'll need to rebuild your motor and transmission and rear differential (the most expensive components of a car) to handle that power. Might as well buy an Evo; those cars can achieve 400whp with nearly zero motor work.

FYI, we have members that have invested more than $25K into their 2002-2003 WRXs and still haven't achieved 400whp.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thank you very much for your advice, I appreciate it I will take it all into consideration but this is the platform I chose to do my buld on. Now the exterior really doesn't matter I'm trying to see what I like its all gonna change again I'm sure. I realize its gonna be tough, it wasn't easy with an almost dead platform of a first gen. Vr4 but I did it and regardless. So if I spend 2500 or 25000 I will one day achieve my goal or destroy my car in the process I thought that is what building your own car was all about instead of buying new where's the pride in that, if your able to achieve and pass up what someone bought now that's an achievement. Now as far as the turbo goes that seems to be a good idea I just might do that instead of the 20g. I'm also debating a newer 2.5 wrx swap or a sti hybrid swap going on, ill figure it out later this project is gonna take me a while and I'm sure my ideas will change between now and when I'm finally finished with this build if I ever finish. Thanks

·
Æternum
20,598 Posts
Best of luck :) I'll look forward to the updates.

·
Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers?
785 Posts
First up - put me down for the "not a fan" of the visual mods, but a big supporter of the "if it's what you like" group - so enjoy it. :thumb up:

So if I spend 2500 or 25000 I will one day achieve my goal or destroy my car in the process I thought that is what building your own car was all about instead of buying new where's the pride in that, if your able to achieve and pass up what someone bought now that's an achievement.
If you can afford to think this way, then mod on. In a world of kids, bills, and needing a reliable DD, that would be crazy talk for me, but clearly you have the time/money/flexibility, so have fun and build it the way you want it. As Zax said - keep us updated.

·
Registered
2 Posts
di you use srt-4 eyelids? looks exactly like the ones i had. 04 tails and some wider wheels will make you car look 100 times better. Not of to a bad start though!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Actually I just taped them off and painted them u know your the third person who told me they look like neon eyelids one of the guys I cought trying to steal the eyelids until he realized there painted on then he put away his flat head screw driver and started to walk away until I stopped him a[nd confronted him and he admitted to trying to steal them I think they look better this way then the subaru eyelids and actually I'm about to paint my morette headlights and probably gonna sell these I can't wait

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Just got my morette headlights painted and installed love the way they look photos coming soon, also i just got my car dyno'd and well talk about pissing me off 168.5 i know that is a stop hp but the previous owner had the ecu unlocked modded injectors and tuned by a very repeatable tuner had receipts and dyno sheets to prove it. i sat down to figure out why my cars is retarding the timing and all that other crap and we came came up to the convolution that the previous owner had to have had a full exhaust catless and catless up pipe also we noticed some things about the air box and came up with the conclusion that the cold air intake that he gave me was on my car when he tuned it. so now im gonna put on the intake get a full exhaust catless exhaust and a cob tuner oh yea and new injectors or run e85 one or the other ill post dyno sheets also as soon as i can

1 - 20 of 22 Posts