Subaru WRX Forum banner
41 - 44 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
ElectronBlueSi said:
i've only spent 50 bucks on mods, so basically im stock. i'll race you. where do you live?

peace
joe
I'm from R.I.

Our race is not going to happen this week. My friend thinks therguy with the WRX is afraid, hehe, not that he should me ;) Ohh well, when the race goes done I will let you guys know how it went.

·
Registered
5 Posts
hi emax,

help me out here. where can i find pics of the intake and exhaust mods for the max? i would like to compare them to the sho shop (shoshop.com) mods. shos are kind of a mystery. stock they are in the 185 HP range, with stage I mods, the are in the 208 HP range (to the wheels of course), yet i still see stage I shos in the [email protected] range. the only reason i can see is the car is so hard to launch right. either bog or spin. my guess is that is due to the fact the car weighs 3400 lbs (genII - 89-91 are 3100-3300). with sticky tires (like drag radials), stage I shos are 14.5 second cars. but you gotta work to get it there. without the drag radials, the bastard will spin when you shift as well!

my guess is that the fact that the car has an open dif and weighs 30 lbs more than the 95-99 maxes is why they are by and large one or two tenths behind in the quarter (intake/exhaust mods seem to get around 14.3-14.5 et in 95-2001 maxes,right?).

i mean, if a sho puts down 208 HP and does not get at least mid 14s (redlines at 7300rpms - chipped is 8K), it would have to be driver error, right? traps for the mid 14 sec. shos are 96-97 b/c the only way to launch the dang thing is with drag radials with lowered tire pressure (lower traps). i'd love to lighten my car to max weight, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the car. comfortable and fast, you know?

email me ([email protected]) or join the shoforum.com if you want to talk. don't want to waste the wrx guys time.

see ya,
Robby

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
centaurus3200 said:
hi emax,

help me out here. where can i find pics of the intake and exhaust mods for the max? i would like to compare them to the sho shop (shoshop.com) mods. shos are kind of a mystery. stock they are in the 185 HP range, with stage I mods, the are in the 208 HP range (to the wheels of course), yet i still see stage I shos in the [email protected] range. the only reason i can see is the car is so hard to launch right. either bog or spin. my guess is that is due to the fact the car weighs 3400 lbs (genII - 89-91 are 3100-3300). with sticky tires (like drag radials), stage I shos are 14.5 second cars. but you gotta work to get it there. without the drag radials, the bastard will spin when you shift as well!

my guess is that the fact that the car has an open dif and weighs 30 lbs more than the 95-99 maxes is why they are by and large one or two tenths behind in the quarter (intake/exhaust mods seem to get around 14.3-14.5 et in 95-2001 maxes,right?).

i mean, if a sho puts down 208 HP and does not get at least mid 14s (redlines at 7300rpms - chipped is 8K), it would have to be driver error, right? traps for the mid 14 sec. shos are 96-97 b/c the only way to launch the dang thing is with drag radials with lowered tire pressure (lower traps). i'd love to lighten my car to max weight, but that kind of defeats the purpose of the car. comfortable and fast, you know?

email me ([email protected]) or join the shoforum.com if you want to talk. don't want to waste the wrx guys time.

see ya,
Robby
If you want to see pics of our mods check out maxima.org under links and then homepages. There you will find a lot of pics of our cars with mods.

With a 95-01 maxima mid 14's with bolts on's is about average with a real good driver. There are plenty of guys who run high 14's and low 15's too. It really depends on the track and driver.

Max's are very hard to launch too especially the 2002's. I have about 220 FWTQ at idle so I have to be very carefull off the line, 2nd spins pretty hard and 3rd always lets out a nice chirp :D .

If you have more questions feel free to email me: [email protected] . Yep I use to have a 95 too, lol

·
Registered
5 Posts
oops, i meant that shos weight 300 punds more than maximas, not 30.

41 - 44 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.