ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Installing an S-AFC II on my 02 WRX.

Currently I have the AEM ram air intake and Greddy profec B spec II. No exhuast stuff except a high flow muffler. I am planning just to put in an electric cut out on the downpipe later. Anyway, the A'pexi unit will be installed and tuned by a shop with an AWD dyno. I just hope it will be worth the money.

How much boost can I run?

How much will the AFC help?

Peace. :)

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Blaze said:
Installing an S-AFC II on my 02 WRX.

Currently I have the AEM ram air intake and Greddy profec B spec II. No exhuast stuff except a high flow muffler. I am planning just to put in an electric cut out on the downpipe later. Anyway, the A'pexi unit will be installed and tuned by a shop with an AWD dyno. I just hope it will be worth the money.

How much boost can I run?

How much will the AFC help?

Peace. :)
UR going to need to let ur car breathe if u want to run moree power and boost.:D

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It's not going to be that much more power. I've seen a WRX sedan run 13's on the stock exhuast "in Denver".

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Mainly $$$$$$$! :(

·
Registered
677 Posts
So wait you just dropped 5 or 600 dollars on an electic boost controller and SAFC but are still stock exhaust? You would have gotten much better results if you would have saved your money on the intake, SAFC, and EBC and got up-pipe, downpipe, MBC, and the intake silencer hack. If $$ are an issue get a custom turbo-back made at a muffler shop, they are always much cheaper than a prefit one that has been R&Ded to death and has fancy packaging.
You really wont be making enough power to justify the SAFC at these levels. Sell it on Ebay and buy an up-pipe, sell the EBC and buy a TurboXS MBC for $60, and then you'll have a faster car and some extra $$$ around.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's not like I bought this all at once. First came the intake then after a couple months an MBC for a while but it was a PIA so I got rid of it for an EBC. Then everyone tells me the intake caused a lean AF. The car ran like a banshee though compared to the stock closed box. So WHY NOT an S-AFCII to tune the AF. I guess we'll see on the dyno tomorrow. If that aint good after all this time and money then I'll sell it all and just get a Cobb reflash probably or something like that. I say WTF at this point. Might as well see what happens.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
GTScoob said:
So wait you just dropped 5 or 600 dollars on an electic boost controller and SAFC but are still stock exhaust? You would have gotten much better results if you would have saved your money on the intake, SAFC, and EBC and got up-pipe, downpipe, MBC, and the intake silencer hack. If $$ are an issue get a custom turbo-back made at a muffler shop, they are always much cheaper than a prefit one that has been R&Ded to death and has fancy packaging.
You really wont be making enough power to justify the SAFC at these levels. Sell it on Ebay and buy an up-pipe, sell the EBC and buy a TurboXS MBC for $60, and then you'll have a faster car and some extra $$$ around.
PS. WTH is the intake silencer hack?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Rancid said:
Really? I've never seen or heard of one do that. The stock DP sucks.
It's blue sedan. No wing. And lightened by 200 lbs or so. Stock turbo!! I've seen it AT bandi first time I took my rex there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts