ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I checked out a 2008 STI this past Saturday and the car is heavily modded. I wanted to see what people think if I should get this or not. Below are the specs on the car:

BUILT MOTOR:

* cp pistons bored 25 over with top and skirt heat coating
* bc rods
* balanced crank
* acl race bearing
* apr head studs
* heads have been rebuilt all new valvues, guides, seats, seals etc.. (stock sizes)
* motor was built with 10,000 miles on the car.
* 305hp 310ft/lbs on groupe-s [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]mustang[/color][/color] dyno

OTHER PARTS:

* perrin recurt bov
* injen [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]cold [COLOR=blue ! important]air [/color][COLOR=blue ! important]intake[/color][/color][/color]
* up pipe
* catless down pipe
* equal lenght headers
* custom magnaflow exhaust
* megan [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]racing[/color][/color] coil overs with camber plates
* whitline [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]sway[/color][/color] bars (as big as u can buy)
* enki 18x9 RCT4 powder coated black
* rays aluminum red lug nuts
* porterfeild brake rotors and carbon ceramic pads
* steel braided brake lines
* federal tires 40% tread 255/30/18
* spare set of hankook rs3 265/35/18
* carbon canards
* corbeau 5 point harness
* luxer 1 led dome, blinker, reverse, and trunk lights

The car has 34,000 miles.

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
and the car is heavily modded.
I think this should pretty much answer you question. Is this your daily driver or a project car? Are you willing and capable of shelling out tens of thousands of dollars over the next year? If it's a project car and you are willing and capable of spending the money to fix what will inevitably break, go for it! If not, look elsewhere.

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
29,233 Posts
The car is illegal anywhere in the United States. Your call.

·
Æternum
20,602 Posts
* motor was built with 10,000 miles on the car.
Also, you really have to wonder why... what tortures could you possibly put a car through to have the motor go at 10K miles?

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
The car is illegal anywhere in the United States. Your call.
But what he doesn't tell you is that's because of the catless downpipe. Breaks the federal law on modifying your catalysts in the exhaust system.

I agree with Zach though...walk away IMO.

·
Registered
119 Posts
If it seems too good.......
When cars are modded as such they are usually driven a certain way, and that way is hard. He may have all the stock parts but he didn't put the upgrades on for nothing. You can replace all the parts back to stock but it will not reverse any of the damage that may have been and probably was caused by the way it was driven.
I got an 09 WRX for 21,000 and it has plenty of HP for a fun DD. It has much more HP than the 2008 WRX. I think that the 09 WRX would be a better decision for that kind of cash.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
That is not a daily driver. You need to be looking for a stock STI if you want a daily driver and then mod it yourself. That car is a whole lot of problems just waiting to happen.

What's your car ownership history? Have you every owned a highly modified car before? Do you possess expert mechanic skills?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts