Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Gold and Bronze rims are becomming more and more popular in Japan and I really dig them. I'm going to get some phat rims for my car within the next 2 months and I'm still deciding between Anthrocite (gunmetal), black, gold, or bronze.

The previous STi in the same or similar yellow had gold rims on them and they look really good, but I don't know how it would look on my Blaze Yellow sedan. What do you guys think?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Stick with the Anthrocite or the Black if you don't want to go the traditional route with Silver. I've seen pictures of a Blaze Yellow WRX with the Anthrocite colored P1's on it, it looked HOT. But that is only my opinion. As long as YOU think it looks good, that is all that matters.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Yeah, with a yellow car, i would stick with something dark like antracite or black. I've seen pictures of the yellow WRX with anthracite rims, and it looks sharp! If you got gold, it would look like you had 2 different shades of yellow. Not my style. But then again, it's up to you-- what ever you like.

I,personally, am looking for bronze rims. I kinda like the dark look of anthracite, but want the 'traditional' WRC subaru look with gold rims. However, I think that the gold is just too bright for my tastes. I got the rally blue color, and i think that the bronze
would make my car sweet. A dark gold.

ryan

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Oh man... the blue WRX with some 17-18in gold BBS rims... that's a sweet @ss combination. That's why I plan on eventually getting. I don't think I'll paint the huge S on the side, however :)

Go here:
http://www.tirerack.com/upgrade_garage/Garage.jsp

and choose your blaze yellow WRX... the Gold doesn't look good on there at all... but the gunmetal looks [email protected]! Now if only they had some more rim designs to choose from.

-red-

[ June 06, 2001: Message edited by: RedGST ]

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Some gold look better than the other, and it all depends on what you've done on your car and how the rims look. Ehhh... before I wanted to get rims, but after driving Rob's car I want to work on my engine, now my freaken dealer is telling me that they're going to void my warranty even for a boost controller.

Anyways I'm going off the topic here. but yeah what do you guys thinnk about the STi rims and the K Racing rims?
http://www.clubwrx.net/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=3&t=000014

Attachments

·
Registered
19 Posts
gold and or bronze rims are trendy but I'm sure after a short period of time they'll be played out. Anthracite or gunmetal rims are more classy but always looks like they're dirty even if they're not. For me I prefer the traditional silver in a more traditional pattern. That way in 2 yrs my 4000 dollar set of 18" rims/tires wont be dorky. Also if they're more traditional and I get bored with them I can probably still sell them for a good price unlike the ones that were stylish few yrs back. Of course this is just my personal taste.

·
Registered
211 Posts
BlazinWRX,

I am personally looking at a gunmetal or a Hyper Black finish (5zigen Fireball) Here: 5zigen Fireball

I would not go with a gold or bronze on the yellow, I think it will look weird...

Just my opinion...

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
HEy they do have them in 48+ offset for the fireballs, I think they'll loook good on teh WRX especailly for the price on importhookup.com. Are you gonna get them?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think my World Rally Blue WRX with the gold P7's looks pretty fricken cool... I am still trying to locate a decent digital camera, then I will post some pics.

·
Registered
211 Posts
BlazinWrx:

I got the Fireballs (Hyperblack).... Everyone says they look really cool..... I like them too! They do come in a 48mm offset. They seem to have transformed my car... Plus, I got the Kumho 712's 215/45/17", Sticks to the road like glue... much better than those crappy stock tires....

I love it.... can't post a pick, I don't have the means... as soon as I do, I will though..... :D

Attachments

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I thinkn gold definitely look good on the WR blue and bronze looks good on black, but i still can't decide what I want on my blaze yellow. I guess I'll just look around, maybe anthrocite or even black <-makes the car look extremely racey (no not ricey! haha) but yeah we'll see, I'm planning to get them in a month when i get back from Japan.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I'm also going to have my stock 16" wheels powder coated - Black, so when winter comes, they are going back on the car, and the 5zigens are going back in the garage......

1 - 13 of 13 Posts