Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im looking to make more power out of my EJ255 its not stock right now but im not sure of what was done to the engine internally as it was done by the previous owner. But assuming it was stock what would i need to replace to get 400 to 450whp safely and reliably without breaking the bank.

· Not a mod... or is he? Or, is he not?
15,756 Posts
Hey guys im looking to make more power out of my EJ255 its not stock right now but im not sure of what was done to the engine internally as it was done by the previous owner. But assuming it was stock what would i need to replace to get 400 to 450whp safely and reliably without breaking the bank.
You can't. Period.

That's getting to the tens of thousands of dollars, plus the transmission isn't going to handle it so you've got another 10k in that.

What you do is you sell the car, or nut up

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
See my last post. You can go ahead and cut the entire expectation off now.
This isn't happening. Neither affordably or reliably.

You can, it just won't meet either qualifier you stated.
ok i can spend more on it thats not my main limitation. The car makes 230 stock about right so what would it take to get to say 300 and would the tranny be able to handle that.

15,756 Posts
ok i can spend more on it thats not my main limitation. The car makes 230 stock about right so what would it take to get to say 300 and would the tranny be able to handle that.
Depending on the dyno intake, turbo back, top mount walboro 255 and injector dynamics id1050x will get you close to that at the wheels. It's approaching the limit of the factory 5 speed as well. You can get more with an external boost controller and tgv delete.

The problem in all of that is most shops won't touch emissions deletes anymore. So turbo back exhaust, e85, tgv deletes may be off the table entirely unless you are really comfortable in the shop that will be tuning it.

· Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Depending on the dyno intake, turbo back, top mount walboro 255 and injector dynamics id1050x will get you close to that at the wheels. It's approaching the limit of the factory 5 speed as well. You can get more with an external boost controller and tgv delete.

The problem in all of that is most shops won't touch emissions deletes anymore. So turbo back exhaust, e85, tgv deletes may be off the table entirely unless you are really comfortable in the shop that will be tuning it.
Oh ok it has a tvg delete and full exhaust. So E85 is pretty much all i can do? I didnt think about the emissions problem. Well this is not the only build plan i have for the car, was thinking of lifting it and making it a offroad build so might look into that. Thank you.

15,756 Posts
Oh ok it has a tvg delete and full exhaust. So E85 is pretty much all i can do? I didnt think about the emissions problem. Well this is not the only build plan i have for the car, was thinking of lifting it and making it a offroad build so might look into that. Thank you.
No.

Recently Cobb released something called the green speed initiative or whatever. They will no longer deal with anything that has to do with emissions modifications, that includes e85. There are some open source options out there but many shops use Cobb accesstuner pro and you'll not be getting a tune from those shops as your car sits.

They can not do anything with the tgv, not modify a tune that has the tgv stuff dealt with.

As of right now if you are reliant on Cobb there are no ways to tune for ANYTHING emissions related. Downpipe, tgv, secondary air pump, e85, egr deletes, etc.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts