ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 WRX and i want to get the COBB accesport and do a stage 2. I was just wondering what parts are required for this as i believe i already have some of the necessary parts. I have Exhaust and intake. Not sure if i have any up or down pipes as i haven't looked. Thanks for the help.

·
Sammich Makin' Pwincess
13,124 Posts
you will need to follow the map notes on cobbs website to a "t"

COBB Tuning . Subaru WRX AccessPORT . Map Listing

Hardware Requirements: Stage2 - Intended for use on a vehicle with stock intake, stock
fuel injectors, and a turbo-back exhaust system. MUST USE FACTORY OR COBB SF INTAKE
SYSTEM ONLY, NO OTHER AFTERMARKET INTAKES ARE CERTIFIED COMPATIBLE WITH THIS CALIBRATION.

·
Registered
368 Posts
ive heard u need a catless down pipe, cat back exhaust ( or turbo back exhaust), and a tune. ive been wondering what else i wold need to do a stage 2 tune also. isnt there a way to do a stage 2 tune without the cobb Ap by using different tuning software?

·
Premium Member
10,943 Posts
The definition of stage two is an aftermarket down pipe and a tune. If you plan on using Cobb's OTS stage two map then you must follow their specific map notes.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
ive heard u need a catless down pipe, cat back exhaust ( or turbo back exhaust), and a tune. ive been wondering what else i wold need to do a stage 2 tune also. isnt there a way to do a stage 2 tune without the cobb Ap by using different tuning software?
Catted or catless will get you there.

You can get an open source tune rather than get the Cobb AP. There are off the shelf open source maps, and off the shelf Cobb maps. They require you to follow the map notes exactly as wrxtreme06 mentioned.

Best case is a custom open source tune, or a custom map for the Cobb.

·
Registered
4,002 Posts
Do you currently have a COBB Accessport? The only time stages are referred to is when a company is seperating it into packages or setups. Other than that, the term stages doesn't mean anything. If you're looking to do a Stage 2 setup in the eyes of COBB with their Accessport tuner, then there are certain modifications they state you will need.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts