ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
The cost paid for the car itself, not taxes, title, etc.
I p[aid invoice for mine.. which was 24,300..which is wierd because it says on edmunds that for my car it was like 22,900..

But I work for the dealer and saw the sheet that said what the invoice was...(including delivery charge and rear spoiler)

·
Registered
33 Posts
I paid 400 below invoice on my Premium package 5 door. Final negotiated price was 26,200.

Hold back was around 750 on the car, then figure a 3 to 5 percent volume discount. I figure the stealer still made 1000 to 1500 off the car.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
Suburban Subaru - CT
2008 WRX Sedan - Satin White Pearl (My Father's car)
Navigation Package
Premium Package
Sport Grill
STi Pedals
Compass/Auto Dim Mirror
Side molding (door guards)
Subaru Darker Tint
$30,000

Smith Cairns Subaru - NY
2008 WRX Hatch - Lightning Red (My car)
Navigation Package
Premium Package
$28,542 (invoice + destination)

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
I paid $8125 under invoice.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Suburban Subaru - CT
2008 WRX Sedan - Satin White Pearl (My Father's car)
Navigation Package
Premium Package
Sport Grill
STi Pedals
Compass/Auto Dim Mirror
Side molding (door guards)
Subaru Darker Tint
$30,000

Smith Cairns Subaru - NY
2008 WRX Hatch - Lightning Red (My car)
Navigation Package
Premium Package
$28,542 (invoice + destination)
I realize that it's a matter of preference, but isn't spending close to $30k a bit much for a WRX? I can see that the two cars both have the premium and the nav package which is the reason for the higher prices, but I'm wondering if, given that you're both leaning toward the more "luxurious" side of the WRX, you wouldn't have been better served with an LGT for that kind of money.

oh, and sorry for thread highjack, if that's what I did

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I realize that it's a matter of preference, but isn't spending close to $30k a bit much for a WRX? I can see that the two cars both have the premium and the nav package which is the reason for the higher prices, but I'm wondering if, given that you're both leaning toward the more "luxurious" side of the WRX, you wouldn't have been better served with an LGT for that kind of money.

oh, and sorry for thread highjack, if that's what I did
No because a Legacy GT Spec.B is $35,000, weighs more, has bland styling and my Father had an Outback 2.5XT and so it would of been basically the same car.

Is $30k a lot for a WRX? Yes. Is it packaged to fit the price? Sorta. Would I prefer an STI? yes but that's gonna be $38,000 w/ Navi.

·
Registered
682 Posts
No because a Legacy GT Spec.B is $35,000, weighs more, has bland styling and my Father had an Outback 2.5XT and so it would of been basically the same car.

Is $30k a lot for a WRX? Yes. Is it packaged to fit the price? Sorta. Would I prefer an STI? yes but that's gonna be $38,000 w/ Navi.
I didn't mention anything about a Spec. B but rather a plain 2.5GT so that would take care of the $35k price tag and bring it down much closer to $30k with nav. And considering that the '08 WRXs look like repackaged Corollas, I really wouldn't beat on the LGT for having "bland" styling. But that's just my $0.02.

Anyway, I was just wondering and have no intentions to start an argument about it.

·
Would Never, Ever Say Something Bad About an Admin
5,780 Posts
New cars are a horrible investment, Enjoy your ride, buy what you want, and dont think about the money.

if you are thinking about the money a used 06-07 STI will be a much better purchase.

·
Premium Member
6,298 Posts
New cars are a horrible investment, Enjoy your ride, buy what you want, and dont think about the money.

if you are thinking about the money a used 06-07 STI will be a much better purchase.
So how much did you pay for your 08?

Stay on topic please. Start your own thread if you can't contribute to the topic. k'thanx

·
Registered
120 Posts
2008 WRX Sedan - Obsidian Black Pearl
5MT
Premium Package

original sticker was $27,250.

i paid $25,900.

i've since added the sport grill, sub/amp, auto dim rearview w/ compass, SPT short throw & Momo shift knob, and anti-theft wheel lugs. all that was ~$1700 more, parts & labor.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
I didn't mention anything about a Spec. B but rather a plain 2.5GT so that would take care of the $35k price tag and bring it down much closer to $30k with nav. And considering that the '08 WRXs look like repackaged Corollas, I really wouldn't beat on the LGT for having "bland" styling. But that's just my $0.02.

Anyway, I was just wondering and have no intentions to start an argument about it.
The only way to get a Navigation on a Legacy with a manual transmission is the Spec.B which is $35,000 before any options.

The LGT is also being redesigned soon based on the Tribeca platform so buying one now would mean having an outdated model in a year or so.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts
How do you like the NAVI in the 08? What company does it? Navitek? Garmin?
The Navi is great. I think its Kenwood but I could be wrong.

·
Registered
6,546 Posts

·
SuperNova
11,904 Posts
Yup it does everything short of driving the car for you.
fn sweet. I'm gonna have to beg for forgiveness in a year or so when the STi just "happens" to follow me home. There may be a "I'm sleeping in the computer room for a while cause I got an 09 STi thread" :rotfl:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts