ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Valien where did you get your wrx??? Did anyone let the dealer do their first oil change??? What kind of oil did you guys start using after that???

·
Registered
227 Posts
just had first oil change. they used 5w30 valvoline. i asked about mobil 1 and the tech said wait until 10000 miles. he also said that the car must be broken in properly ie 1000 miles nothing over 4000 rpm/no constant rpms for long periods. he also said he would be cool if he saw some light mods(full exaughst, ebc, k&n filter, resonator removed, unichip).;)

·
Registered
341 Posts
hey BamBooI,

I got my car from Prestige Subaru up in Asheville. They were awesome to deal with. Gave me a great deal.

Here's what I did on oil changes (i do them all myself):

1500 -- first change, regular oil
4500 -- 2nd change, regular oil
7500 -- 3rd change, Mobil1 synthetic

right now i'm at 9200 miles and car is running great. No leaks or anything. I also have a Fumotovalve that i put in at 1500.

~V

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
jetguy said:
just had first oil change. they used 5w30 valvoline. i asked about mobil 1 and the tech said wait until 10000 miles. he also said that the car must be broken in properly ie 1000 miles nothing over 4000 rpm/no constant rpms for long periods. he also said he would be cool if he saw some light mods(full exaughst, ebc, k&n filter, resonator removed, unichip).;)
Jetguy, where are you taking your car for service work? Also, for that matter, where'd you get it and was the experience a pleasant one? Sounds like a reasonable dealer, and should be fairly close to me (I hope).

·
Registered
1,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm interested in a fumoto valve, but I'm afriad someone could just reach under the car and turn the shifter just a little bit to make the oil drip slowly or something....?:p

·
Registered
44 Posts
WRXed said:

Jetguy, where are you taking your car for service work? Also, for that matter, where'd you get it and was the experience a pleasant one? Sounds like a reasonable dealer, and should be fairly close to me (I hope).
Don't forget Pipkin's Motors in Valdosta. I purchased my car from them. They didn't mind my mods either.

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
Koua Jones said:

Don't forget Pipkin's Motors in Valdosta. I purchased my car from them. They didn't mind my mods either.
Thanks Koua!

·
Registered
227 Posts
heritige subaru morrow, Ga . on hwy 54. it just opened seems like they are trying to establish a good customer base so they are pretty flexable ( i got my wrx wagon for $300.00 over consumer reports wholesale value:D )

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
(I figured I'd move some of the posts from the A/s/l and start a new as they were a little off-topic.)

So, which dealers are mod friendly? Which are buyer friendly for that matter? Etc. etc. etc.

·
Registered
16 Posts
That's tampa. About a 3 hour drive or so. :(

william lehman is close but it has a bad rep...I'll try though. If I have to drag my ass to mastro...so be it.

Does anyone have any good experiences with william lehman or other shops in the miami area?

-jake

·
Registered
3,073 Posts
jetguy said:
heritige subaru morrow, Ga . on hwy 54. it just opened seems like they are trying to establish a good customer base so they are pretty flexable ( i got my wrx wagon for $300.00 over consumer reports wholesale value:D )
Jetguy, tried to get in touch with Heritage Subaru this weekend and apparently their number is no longer any good. Do you have any idea what's up with Heritage? Are they closed already?:confused:

·
Warning: MotorMatrix owes ClubWRX.net Advertiseme
126 Posts
The best shop in miami for your wrx is tav racing. 13055918544. ask for gustavo or simon. tell them Mike sent you. He owns a 12 sec wrx here and has several others in venezuela. if you need parts check my site at www.motormatrix.com. shoot me an email if you need group pricing or see a part cheaper on another site.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Jake, if you are looking for an exhaust system - I had a custom 3" mandrel bent turbo back done at Miami Muffler for $700 installed. They're near Eureka Drive and the Turnpike. I'm very happy with how it turned out.

Jim

1 - 17 of 17 Posts