ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey folks, im going to do a roll call down teh side of my door (shows what parts i use). Well im having trouble deciding what color to use. I can use ANY color i want, my friend works at a vinyl shop and i can get WRB, or chrome if i felt like it. Well anyways, my car is WRB, and is an 02 WRX with the 04 Charge Speed v.2 front. The rims are Gold 18" split 6 spoke rims. What color do you guys think? I was thinking either a gunmetal color, or gold to match the rims, but im not sure if thats too ugly. Or a lighter than WRB blue, to give it a hidden kinda look

p.s. if you think vinyl is ricey, dont bother me with it, i dont care, im using it regardless.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh beef cake, i forgot to mention, i hate the way WRC cars look, lol. I like slammed street cars, like the one in Tokyo Xtreme Racer, haha. So im definately not going to do the WRC scheme. Im really not sure at all, which i like more. Im also goign to have a big "VIZIONS" diagonally from the bottom of the front wheels to the back window. btw, that my car crew. So i kinda of want to show that off, so i dont know if blue is a good idea.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Match the gold from the wheels as close as possible.

·
Registered
102 Posts
My 2c:

Do not use gold (unless it is actual gold, like the metal) or metallic vinyl, it will not age well

Go with a solid nonmetallic color

I think white would look alright on WRB, or a lighter blue / darker blue so that they don't stand out as much. I think that would look hot!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah qoncept, i gotta see yours again. Im still undecided. What about a gunmetal color with metalic sparkle in it?

kinda off topic, but i love Clubwrx forums soo much better than nasioc. Those people are soo f'ing rude, you guys should just see how in the posts they left in my topic.

·
Registered
102 Posts
TrizzyDizzy said:
Yeah qoncept, i gotta see yours again. Im still undecided. What about a gunmetal color with metalic sparkle in it?

kinda off topic, but i love Clubwrx forums soo much better than nasioc. Those people are soo f'ing rude, you guys should just see how in the posts they left in my topic.
Almost anything with metallic sparkle in it will have poor exterior durability. If you do get something like this, make sure you get cast vinyl (as opposed to calendared) that has at least 5+ years outdoor durability rating. I'm pretty sure that the outdoor durability ratings aren't all that accurate to begin with, but I know that any specialty vinyl (glitter/metallic/chrome/etc.) with less than a 5 year rating will age very poorly.

If you keep your car garaged you will have a LOT better luck with them and can use them with much less hesitation.

Just something to think about!

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I appreciate your input so much. I probably wont keep it on for more than a year. Thats what i like about vinyl, if i dont like it, i can change it for farely cheap. So something like that wouldnt matter much.

·
Registered
9,023 Posts
The World One car has gold vinyl with gold wheels on WRB and it looks pretty good. Check out their site.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeha i saw theres, i just dont like the gold on blue look. Dunno why, very popular, i jsut dont like it. i thnk ive decided on a shade darker than WRB.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well i painted my golds, bronze. So it should be a dark color than anything. And silver is too flashy i think, maybe gunmetal, but i dont know if that still is flashy. Im kinda down for the street racing scene so i dont really want to advertise too much, but then again, im in Alabama, every1 knows what every1 gets and has!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts