ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi am working towards stage two tuning, i need some advice on what clutch kit to go for thanks

mods bought s far is

fmic

turbo back exhaust

panel filter

·
Æternum
20,864 Posts
Stock clutch. What year/model is your car?

Also, you say that you are "working towards a stage 2 tune." Does this mean you're not tuned? Those mods necessitate a tune on most model Subarus. Why do you have a FMIC???

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
none fitted yet but remapp being done on saturday, its a 2002 wrx bugeye, also read on these forums fmic are better

·
¯\_(ツ)_/¯
5,808 Posts
Front mounts are helpful at very high horsepower levels. At Stage II, the stock intercooler will work fine, although if you can afford a larger top mount, it would be helpful.

You don't need a stronger clutch at Stage 2.

·
Æternum
20,864 Posts
also read on these forums fmic are better
On this forum? It's general consensus that you will see a decrease in performance at your current modification level. You will experience much greater turbo lag with a a FMIC over a comparable TMIC. My recommendation is to sell that FMIC and buy a quality TMIC like the processwest unit.

·
Gold Member
2,175 Posts
On this forum? It's general consensus that you will see a decrease in performance at your current modification level. You will experience much greater turbo lag with a a FMIC over a comparable TMIC. My recommendation is to sell that FMIC and buy a quality TMIC like the processwest unit.
:thumbup:

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
ok thanks, very helpfull, what sort of tmic is best
The one that goes on top ;)

Zax mentioned Processwest...one of the best quality TMICs you can find. Even comes with a splitter to fit to the hood scoop to properly flow air through the TMIC.

As for clutch...OEM should work best for you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts