ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2004 WRX stock right now.. wondering what would be the ebst chip for the buck and performace... not something to much to blow up my motor? thanks

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
is a uppipe/downpipe needed? and whats is the UTEC Gonna give me?

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ebr0T is the chip or what its gonna give me...?

·
Banned
12,156 Posts
RyaNT said:
what do you mean "what's it gonna give me?"

it's going to modify and refine your air, fuel and timing to produce more agressive operating instructions for your engine.

it's made by Turbo XS, who is a very respected and reliable company in the Subaru and Mitsubishi tuning world - so it won't "blow up" your engine.

the chip is helpful, but doing the uppipe and downpipe first will allow a much more powerful tune with the UTEC.

TXS offers "base maps" that will work with varying levels of modifications. the UTEC is also dyno tunable, which will give you more power b/c the Air, Fuel and Timing Advance will be custom set to match your car.

You seem like a bit of a novice here. using the search function will help get you up to speed with the basics of tuning your WRX. I'd highly reccomend starting there, as well as the FAQ sticky thread in the engine performance forum.

dR

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
that does help me alot.. i just bought the car 2 days ago.. i am not from the subaru world, but would like to be very much. i am a novice, but know a decent amount about engines. i know turboxs. they are very good yes.. i had used some of there products with my 240sx. but that answers my question. would me putting a uppipe/downpipe effect anything negativly.. its ok to do that right?

·
Registered
309 Posts
Pros:

Free exhaust
more power
better sound
better response

Cons:

No cats = wont pass smog
Your car will throw a check engine light or CEL because you have no cats... you can either fix it with a resistor mod, or learn to live with it.

But having no cats and a more freely flowing exhaust will not cause any engine problems on its own. You can always swap back in your stock downpipe when you need to pass smog.

The pros outweight the cons by a long shot IMO. Although.. once you do this prepare to be addicted. You wont stop trying to get more power until you are broke.:p

Rob

·
Registered
331 Posts
RyaNT said:

Yo thats too rude : ) he is talking about the admin who is gonna tell you to SEARCH... but I wouldnt tell you that : ) I like it whenyou bug the admins : )

1 - 10 of 10 Posts