Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What causes cars to bounce/hop during autox turns? Will installing Eibach springs make a WRX bounce in the turns? My car is stock except for 17 wheels/tires.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Are you trying to make your car bounce or prevent it?

I guess I'm not understanding your question.

Most cars bounce due to really high spring rates and/or under damped suspension.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I am definately trying to avoid any bouncing.

I went to a AuotX today and noticed alot of the ghetto cars with cut springs bouncing alot through one really tight corner. Alot of the really highly modified ultra light CRXs were bouncing alot too.

I am considering buying Eibach ProKit springs for my WRX and was curious if stiffer springs would cause my car to bounce or have other strange handling charateristics.

·
Registered
499 Posts
Bounce is a case of the spring not matching the strut's valving. Stiffer springs would probably only INCREASE bouncing, because they require more energy to compress, and therefore have more energy to decompress, outstripping the struts ability to dampen the oscillations.

·
Registered
258 Posts
You know, I thought I was going crazy. I just replied to your post on the I club but didn't see where I responded earlier. I thought someone deleted my post or something.

[email protected] <--- not going crazy

·
Premium Member
785 Posts
brembo said:
Bounce is a case of the spring not matching the strut's valving. Stiffer springs would probably only INCREASE bouncing, because they require more energy to compress, and therefore have more energy to decompress, outstripping the struts ability to dampen the oscillations.
Basically, the idea is that if you go with stiff springs, get some struts(adjustable) to match up the compression and rebound. The other alternative is to spring for a full coilover set so that the spring is already matched to the valving capabilities.

·
Registered
17 Posts
never mind.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts