ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My accessport is actually coming tomorrow so im not so concerned with the stock (if a stock can take any of these) but it is interesting none the less. I have read on here about the top end sucking, does stage 1 and 2 help out in this area.

So what can a stage 1 or stage 2 beat of these cars (or what would it take to beat some of them): (assuming all are stock and race from a stop)

Sti
Evo
350z
G35
supra
Mustang GT/Mach 1
Cobra 01/03 both
Vette (what years)
LS1 cars
300z TT
VW R32 and other GTIs
Audi A4/S4
Any other cars you think would be competitive.

Not expecting the stage 1 will beat too many of these (if any) but the stage 2 should be able to hang a little right?

·
Registered
16,991 Posts
There are several lengthy threads about which cars the WRX can beat. I'd search before trying to guess. This will just end up being magazine racing anyway. A Stage 2 Rex is a quick car but it will get its ass handed to it by many sports cars, obviously.

Have fun with the search button. :)

·
Registered
2,369 Posts
All I know is they wont be beating ls1's from a roll for a LONG time. :D

From a stop, though, they can compete with most cars, especially when modded :cool:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Integra96 said:
There are several lengthy threads about which cars the WRX can beat. I'd search before trying to guess. This will just end up being magazine racing anyway. A Stage 2 Rex is a quick car but it will get its ass handed to it by many sports cars, obviously.

Thanks...i did do a search and it takes longer to search than it does to just repost...if you dont feel like answering the same question dont but if youre going to post to criticize you might as well post to answer the question. Since you would have to post to preach search buttons in every thread BUT you only have to post to answer a certain question every so often (not every thread) it makes more sense to just answer the question. Why do you not have a problem repeatedly saying search but you do answering a question.:rolleyes: After about an hour of searching i found that long ass list of all cars and their quarter times so i guess that kinda answers my question but it of course isnt real world like many of you have experienced.

·
Registered
199 Posts
from experience, i think u can take on a 350z and the g35....i have beaten these cars by about 1/2 a car from a stop....the gti i would say is no contest from a stop...and the mustang gt might also be easy from the start off but after 3rd gear, expect to have ur a** handed to u...damn v8's!!!
oh and i have a 2004 rex pretty much stock....these were all 1/4 mile races at the track except for the mustang gt....and from wat i kno, all these cars were stock also...i dont kno if this helps at all but i tried

·
Registered
199 Posts
yea i agree. i would think that the 03 cobra would be out of ur league....those things are too d*** fast....ive tried to just keep up with one....yea...that didnt happen....wat was i thinking!:confused:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
FilMaNutts said:
from experience, i think u can take on a 350z and the g35....i have beaten these cars by about 1/2 a car from a stop....the gti i would say is no contest from a stop...and the mustang gt might also be easy from the start off but after 3rd gear, expect to have ur a** handed to u...damn v8's!!!
oh and i have a 2004 rex pretty much stock....these were all 1/4 mile races at the track except for the mustang gt....and from wat i kno, all these cars were stock also...i dont kno if this helps at all but i tried
Yeah this helps.
And about the 03 cobra i was just kinda throwin cars out there...im really interested in the 01 cobra since my buddy has one. Would a stage 2 take it. Also what about the Sti and Evo would it even be close or would they still take a stage 2 wrx.

·
Registered
58 Posts
pimpin all over the world

stage 2 wrx good!!!!
350z off the line easy
g35 off the line easy
2005 mustang gt off the line easy.
vettes cobras,sti,evo don't even try it!!
sti and evo u coul keep up for a little while but in fourth forget about it!!!
and vettes and cobra dont' even think about it well the vette to much spinnin off the line but will catch u on third (personal experiences) thats why im rollin a 2006 STi with 320 awhp and sprayin im' 360 awhp on stock turbo turbo upgrade comin

·
Registered
112 Posts
depending on the mods, i'm assuming all the cars u mentioned would be stock:
~a 350z, g35, stang GT, 300z TT, audi A4's, and VW's you would take from a dig and a roll, some by more than others, but if you can drive for anything you will take them all from a dig and roll.

~01 cobra you would take from a dig until about the mid/end of 3rd, then he would blow by you like theres no tomorrow, regular vette would be the same thing, z06 vette would take you by 3rd if the driver knows what a stick is, supra, if stock you could most likely hold off until 4th, then he would blow by you, mach 1 stang you should take from a dig and it would be close on the highway, STI's and Evo's if stock you should take from a dig and a roll, IF STOCK.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
100 Posts
in reply to the last post that mentioned a z06.....as my dad previously owned one, it would not even be until 3rd gear. He raced an STi from a stop, and even with worn tires he handed its a$$ to it by 2nd. Basically past 45~50 mph, ur toast with that one

·
Registered
112 Posts
same here..............................:baaa:

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
Integra96 said:

+1

Go and experience it for yourself, everyone's race is different.

·
Registered
344 Posts
what is the quartermile times of a stage two with a 2.0 or 1.9 60'????????

1 - 20 of 22 Posts