Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where do you put in gas?

Do you guys ptu it in a certain company or whatever is around..I only use mobil gas and mobil 1 oil

·
Premium Member
6,750 Posts
Chevron with Techron...can't really find much higher octane than 92 inside Seattle.

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
over here in the NE we don't have a chevron. I have used mobil ever since i read an article a few years back how it was the better gas. So i just stuck with it..

·
Registered
424 Posts
Chevron w/ Techron is what I try to use. It is supposed to be THE BEST gas for a car you can put in. Their Techron additive is what makes it the best...from what I've read in articles, no other company matches the benifits of Techron. (plus my father-in-law works for a Chevron refinery, so I try to be somewhat loyal).

IMO 76-Unical has the 2nd best gas quality, but will settle for Shell if nothing else is around. I don't touch ANYTHING else.

·
1,379 Posts
I use whatever's cheapest or most convenient, and use an injector cleaner every 6000 miles or so. I've never experienced any real engine problems in any car I've owned, and I've always done this. IMO, strictly following your maintenance schedule is far, far more important than what brand of gas you buy. (that is, assuming you're buying the correct octane grade for your car)

Naturally, if anyone has any articles or other evidence to the contrary, I'd love to read it. I'm always for gaining new knowledge....

·
Registered
184 Posts
Have to agree with AutoXJunkie, whatever is the cheapest. For 20 cents less a gallon, I will buy Mr. NoName over Mobil here in NJ anyday. Besides, it isn't like I can get out to pump it anyway.

·
Banned
7,636 Posts
Raynger27 said:
Have to agree with AutoXJunkie, whatever is the cheapest. For 20 cents less a gallon, I will buy Mr. NoName over Mobil here in NJ anyday. Besides, it isn't like I can get out to pump it anyway.
GO BRUINS!!! :D

dR

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Raynger27 said:
may i ask why mr no name over mobil...is there a terrible thing with mobil that i don't know or somthing?

·
Registered
679 Posts
I ONLY use Exxon 93. I only go to exxon because they haven't failed me yet (knock on wood). I never go to a small, hole in the wall gas station. I'm paranoid about gas (as I should be).

·
Registered
416 Posts
TypeC said:
I ONLY use Exxon 93. I only go to exxon because they haven't failed me yet (knock on wood). I never go to a small, hole in the wall gas station. I'm paranoid about gas (as I should be).
ditto. i use BP 93 sometimes....actually there's no Exxon's around here so i'll pretty much have to use BP.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Here, this should stir up some controversy:

A friend of mine's dad works for Shell, and he says that except for the detergent additives (which do nothing to affect performance), all gas of a given octane is the same, regardless of brand.

He said that ARCO and its affiliates have lower prices because they hold fuel processing patents that all of the other companies have to pay them royalties for. So I just use whatever gas is convenient and cheap. I'm in California so I can only get 91 octane, anyway.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Although a good friend of mine used to have an older turbocharged car, and he swore that every time he used Mobil he got knocking and hesitation. Maybe they have a crappy additive or something...

·
Registered
5,095 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
rexwagon said:
Although a good friend of mine used to have an older turbocharged car, and he swore that every time he used Mobil he got knocking and hesitation. Maybe they have a crappy additive or something...
nothing yet on any of my cars from mobil yet..thank god....mobil owns exxon don't they

1 - 20 of 29 Posts