ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm planning my winter tire options. Already found some used P Zero Nero M&S from an ex EVO owner. Originally I just planned to use my stock wheels but I'm getting the tires really cheap and I might be able to afford dedicated winter wheels if they don't cost too much. What are the cheapest 17 x 8 wheels for the 05 STI? I need the stock size because the tires are 235's.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If I read it right, these look like $700 each. Way too rich for my blood. I want to get all 4 for less than that. Also they show a 48mm offset where the stock is 53. Does that move the tire 5mm to the outside or inside?

·
Registered
393 Posts
I think thats 700 for four. Thats how I have seen every other deal that subydude has done. They're usually even cheaper then that, but those are a brand new design with the different wheel holes.

JH

·
Registered
267 Posts
They 700 for a set of 4. The reason they are more is because they are 17x8's. The 17x7.5's are normally 650. The 48 MM offset is fine. You will have no fitment issues with that.

·
Registered
393 Posts
afpdl said:
No they are not.

If you just ask you can probably get them for less then $700 shipped with lugnuts thrown in.

They will move the wheels out 5mm it wont hurt anything.

Umm.......last I checked the 05 models had a different bolt pattern, forgot what they were, but its different enough to make wheels not fit. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.

JH

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Electric-Mayhem said:
Umm.......last I checked the 05 models had a different bolt pattern, forgot what they were, but its different enough to make wheels not fit. Maybe I'm wrong but I don't think so.

JH
You are not wrong but click on the link, rota has made a wheel in the right bolt pattern for the 05s.

·
Registered
393 Posts
ah.........I thought you were saying that they were the same. I also figure that the basic R and D that it took to make new holes is a reason for the higher price too. Thats cool that Rota is already on top of things for the 05's.

JH

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
Electric-Mayhem said:
ah.........I thought you were saying that they were the same. I also figure that the basic R and D that it took to make new holes is a reason for the higher price too. Thats cool that Rota is already on top of things for the 05's.

JH
The price isnt higher its the same as the torques for the 02-04s

1 - 14 of 14 Posts