ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'd like to get opinions on the best bang for the buck($/HP) improvements for the STi. Also, please be mindful that I want the car to remain safe from a mechanical point of view (for example, if you tell me that such-and-such mod will give you an extra 50 HP, but three months later the clutch will burn, then I guess the cost of a performance clutch has to be factored in, too).

Oh, and to be more specific, when I say "improvements" I mean mods that will make the car go faster in a straight line as well as through the turns. I don't plan to race the car. I just want it to be as kick-ass as possible with the least amount of money.

Thanks in advance for any information.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So what does that little face mean? If my question is too stupid for you or something, then please just let me know with plain words.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Franco said:
So what does that little face mean? If my question is too stupid for you or something, then please just let me know with plain words.
I thought it was a completely reasonable question.

a turbo back exhaust is good all around first power mod, frees up power, boost comes on quicker, and no negative consequences to speak of, unless the cops in your area bust people for exhuast. After that it get a bit harder without tuning, the STI is VERY fussy about modifactions without tuning , even putting on a different intake can make your car run poorly if not tuned for it. :(

·
Registered
1,213 Posts
Franco said:
Relax, I was referring to the last line in yr question " I don't plan to race the car. I just want it to be as kick-ass as possible with the least amount of money."

Yr car is already kick ass, have fun!

·
Registered
2,527 Posts
So does the search button just not show up for users till they have 50 post:confused:

There is a suspension forum for suspension questions and a sti engine forum for engine questions and everything you just asked can probably be answered by browsing the first page of both.

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
Franco said:
I'd like to get opinions on the best bang for the buck($/HP) improvements for the STi. Also, please be mindful that I want the car to remain safe from a mechanical point of view (for example, if you tell me that such-and-such mod will give you an extra 50 HP, but three months later the clutch will burn, then I guess the cost of a performance clutch has to be factored in, too).

Oh, and to be more specific, when I say "improvements" I mean mods that will make the car go faster in a straight line as well as through the turns. I don't plan to race the car. I just want it to be as kick-ass as possible with the least amount of money.

Thanks in advance for any information.
Search for accessport, it is a mod for a person like u. Gives u lots of power and its safe.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts