ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
First off, the stock rims are the same BBs but they are 17" x 8.0" instead of 17" x 7.5". With this change in rear stance width there is a rear fender flare incorporated with a new rear bumper to match.

The blue escane fabric is on the door panels now. Along with the CD changer a premium 6 speaker sound system is standard as well as the climate control. There is also a lot of suspension changes.

Check this thread out...it will answer all your supesnion change needs.

http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=67423

Hope this helps!!

·
Registered
18 Posts
and the steering wheel is still MOMO but its not a obvious, got a subby emblem in the middle and MOMO is in small letters at the bottom or something

i looked at an 05 and decided that the few differences were not worth the extra 4-6k so i got an 04

·
Registered
54 Posts
wakeboarder2186 said:
and the steering wheel is still MOMO but its not a obvious, got a subby emblem in the middle and MOMO is in small letters at the bottom or something

i looked at an 05 and decided that the few differences were not worth the extra 4-6k so i got an 04
Did you know about the suspension upgrades such as the YAW sensor in the DCCD, new front helical LSD, as well as the rear stance widening?

With those modifications as well as the interior changes I would think that would be worth it. But if you are happy with your decision than thats all that matters. Either way you have a pimp ass car and I'm jealous because I don't have mine yet :(

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
Ummm....sorry to burst your bubble but i dont think there is going to be a yaw sensor in the STi, and definitely not one in the WRX. Someone please correct me if im wrong!

·
Registered
317 Posts
there was a post on nasioc w/ a reply from a person at SOA saying that the us sti DOES have the yaw sensor

nasioc link

·
Registered
54 Posts
wrxwex said:
there was a post on nasioc w/ a reply from a person at SOA saying that the us sti DOES have the yaw sensor

nasioc link
That is where I got my info from regarding my post!!!! The post on NASIOC said they had emailed SOA and they concurred with one of the technical experts and they said it did include the YAW sensor.

I'm really excited about that because the EVO MR is supposed to have something similar the AYC. I wonder how the two will match up?

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
dang sorry about that! THere was a thread just a lil while ago about how the STi was not going to have Yaw control. Thanks for the new info!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Spectre186 said:
dang sorry about that! THere was a thread just a lil while ago about how the STi was not going to have Yaw control. Thanks for the new info!
Fo Sho!!! It's hard to get the righ answer with so many conflicting threads going around....I'm glad someone called SOA to find out the correct answer. I think I will call them again to make sure they tell me that too....I called and they told me that the specs were not out and they would send me a brochure when they were ready....I think the lady was just lazy and didn't want to go ask someone who knew.

Anyways, take it easy!!

P.S. I love the Storm Trooper :D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Okay this is starting to piss me off. I just got off the phone with SOA and the customer service tech said there is NO YAW sensor. He knew every single change from 04 to 05 as I tested him.

So, for now we don't have the YAW sensor, I guess, and I appoligize to those who knew the correct answer...I was wrong. I wish they could just come out with a spec sheet comparing the USDM and JDM versions of the STI and what they both do and do not include....it would make all our lives a little easier.

Once again sorry for the misleading information!!:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts