Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I’ve owned my stock 04 wrx for about a year and a half. I’m currently about halfway through a full engine rebuild forged internals, surfaces machined down to clean metal ect. My goal is 300-320 hp and I need to upgrade the turbo for that. I’m confident in Arashi dynamics’s quality but have no idea what I’m looking at when it comes to all of the different types on their website.

Can anyone help me with the letters and numbers? Or even a recommendation? I’m looking for smooth power delivery as it is going to be a daily driver

Thank you in advance

·
Æternum
15,728 Posts
Why not just buy an STI take-off turbo and save some $$?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mostly my desire to use new parts, also a good friend of mine has very good experience with arashi dynamics’s turbos on numerous Audi A4 builds.

·
Æternum
15,728 Posts
Mostly my desire to use new parts, also a good friend of mine has very good experience with arashi dynamics’s turbos on numerous Audi A4 builds.
To be honest -- and I'm coming from a place of knowing NOTHING about the company in question -- Arashi Dynamics throws up some red flags for me.

Firstly, prices for the turbo are too low. I know this seems like a good thing, but there is a cost for good materials, licensing and R&D. There is no way a company like that can undercut a company like Blouch or FP by 80% without sacrificing material and/or design quality.

Second, they are not located in North America which means that support will likely be a chore. Peep their "about" page -- they don't even have a Company e-mail. If I were to hazard a guess, I'd say these are badge-engineered eBay (Chinese) turbochargers. Arashi

For your goals and a solid product I would HIGHLY recommend a low-mileage VF48, they can be had for $600-800. If you want a REALLY quality product with outstanding support, the Blouch TD05H-16GXT is really a killer turbo for the EJ205.

Subaru WRX/STi TD05H-16G-XT Turbocharger

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That makes a lot of sense, and those red flags you brought up are things I never thought too look for. I did some research on that bloush and am adding that too my short list, the tuning shop I am going to have developed there own turbo as well and even tho it’s a little more $$$, I’ll have local support for any issues and they stand by their product

1 - 5 of 5 Posts