Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got a 2016 WRX Limited, and will probably need to get new tires before too much longer. It's almost mid summer, and I'm at least in a state (Charlotte, NC) where I can maybe expect a light snow every 2 years so winter isn't too much worry for now.

Now the big problem is my company just shut down the entire Charlotte office and laid off all 65 of us. I can't exactly go buy the best tires to replace the (not so great anyway) stock tires the car came on. Are there any fairly cheap tires that are still good for driving fun in? If I have to replace them and haven't found a decent replacement job yet, I'd rather not spend a ton on tires until later on.

And on a somewhat related note, I have a membership at BJ's Wholesale. Are they at all worth using for tires? Or should I steer clear of that?

·
Master Baiter
12,653 Posts
BJs really pushes Michelin tires, IIRC. Michelin makes some great tires, even in A/S form (which you'd want if you expect to ever drive in sub-40° temperatures).

·
Water.....sometimes waves
1,612 Posts
I cannot recommend a specific tire but I see the OEM Dunlops for sale here fairly often for really cheap. I also have bought several sets of slightly used tires from Craigslist for cheap. They are a much better bargain than new if money is a priority.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I've got the OEM dunlops sitting in my basement. About 1600 miles. Located in Detroit Michigan. Shoot me a PM if interested, I haven't listed them yet because I'm still on the fence about selling them

1 - 5 of 5 Posts