ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I went about 2 hrs ago and had a little fun in one of the overflow parking lots. nothing major but there is a little dirt section that begs you to get her sideways.
anywho as im leaving my car throws a cel at me. she runs fine and hasn't given me any problems all the way back home. I'm not hitting fuel cut so it seems like only this light is on. any insight would be great. my car is pretty much stock. minus the air restrictor. do you think that maybe just pushing that car at that altitude could have done something my car didn't like?

thanks

-Adam

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
Autozone, they'll tell you. I'm putting my money on high EGTs.

But, since your car is a female, perhaps it's just that time...

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
get her checked at vato zone P1443 Evaporative emission control system vent control function problem

gas cap is on tight and it pulled it twice last night so I don't know what it is. I have read from searches on this that this code was a problem on 02's?

I wanna take it to the dealer but will they give me **** about the silencer removal. I really don't wannt put that **** on again.

thanks again guys

-adam

·
Registered
225 Posts
astricii said:
get her checked at vato zone P1443 Evaporative emission control system vent control function problem

gas cap is on tight and it pulled it twice last night so I don't know what it is. I have read from searches on this that this code was a problem on 02's?

I wanna take it to the dealer but will they give me **** about the silencer removal. I really don't wannt put that **** on again.

thanks again guys

-adam
If you are worried, you can always take it to my friend Jayson Black at Burt Subaru. Just request him when you make an appointment with the service counter.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
took her to John Elway earlier and had that damn seat bolt issue fixed. while there I played dumb and asked if the light was supposed to be on. they said they would take a look at it. they are waiting to hear back from soa if my 02 falls into a group that needed the ecu reprogramed to clear a bug pertaining to that code. so I will know tomorow if I will be rollin a rental for 3 days:( I will miss boost so.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Rented dealer vehicles are the greatest thing ever. I totally vote for jumping that b1tch. There is a really great spot on quincy between 470 and wadsworth where you can get a good 20 lateral feet of air. Everyone else should post their suggestions on where to jump the rental.

Zem. There are two types of misfire codes. They both set the same code but the enable conditions are different. A "type A" misfire is basically something that the PCM determines is severe enough and happening frequently enough that it will damage the catalyst. That is what sets the blinking CEL. A "type B" misfire is deemed less severe and not happening as frequently and just turns on the CEL without making it blink at you.

·
Registered
3,490 Posts
I got the P1443 code on my 02RS and when I took it to John Elway they decided it was due to a faulty fuel tank pressure sensor. They replaced it for me and haven't had it come back again.

Just an FYI.

·
Banned
8,368 Posts
analog_909 said:
Zem. There are two types of misfire codes. They both set the same code but the enable conditions are different. A "type A" misfire is basically something that the PCM determines is severe enough and happening frequently enough that it will damage the catalyst. That is what sets the blinking CEL. A "type B" misfire is deemed less severe and not happening as frequently and just turns on the CEL without making it blink at you.
I see.

The one that comes up from using launch control is "type A" then.... ;)

·
Registered
986 Posts
analog_909 said:

very good to know! i just had the type B from the winter 93 octane from the farmcrest down here.

anyone else not getting email updates from this forum? very weird.

·
Registered
746 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
okay so went down to Elway at 8:00 am. which is a biznatch of a drive frome where I live fyi and they told me that it was the sensor and that records show my ecu as already be re-programed. so they are ordering a new sensor and will have the car for aboot a day on monday. I'll still try and get a rental.

good news is I will have my car for the drive on sat.:)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts