Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! New to this forum so sorry if I mess anything up. I recently just bought a 2012 Subaru wrx hatch and I love it! I have 88,000 thousand miles on it and the warranty is now up on it from the dealer. Soo here’s the issue, when I first bought it the turbo was kinda acting funny when I got into higher boost levels for longer periods of time. It would throw that P0244 wastegate code. The thing pulled like a train though. Anyways, the turbo was making some weird noises that sounded almost like a bad heat exchanger would. I brought it to the dealer and they replaced the boost control thing and the wastegate solenoid. It would still throw that code though after they replaced it. Also it has been cold as I live in New England, (below 30 consistently). So this may cause it to overboost if I’m right and cause it throw that code? Anyways, the dealer stopped screwing around and they straight up replaced the turbo with a new one. I got it back and now it doesn’t have the sack it once did getting into higher boost levels. It falls completely on its fast past 4000 rpms. The wastegate comes on very quick. It’s almost like they set the wastegate wicked low so that it wouldn’t throw that code. But now it doesn’t have nearly the power. I’m almost positive it can only get to maybe 10 psi. (I don’t have a boost gauge). It runs very crisp though. Should I buy a Cobb accessport and tune it to see if that fixes it? Any help would be appreciated to get my power back!!

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
Is the car completely stock?

Check the vacuum lines running to and from the EBCS.

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
check to see if they are leaking?
That's right.

If one of the lines is damaged or missing, the wastegate may not be able to open properly which would explain the code and the behavior.

·
Æternum
15,860 Posts
Just covering my bases here -- you always fill up with 93 octane, right?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts