ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a vf34 sti injectors walbro pump perrin turbo inlet hose and intercoller hoses and the cobb tuning 91 oct reflash and accessport. it runs great and is much faster but if I am crusing at 55 and I am in 4th or 5th gear but happens in other gears if RPMs are low enough, but if I got WOT it will build full boost before the rpms get to 4 grand it I will hear a shuddering sound like the BOV opening and closing quickly and it gets worse and worse till the whole car is jerking a bit but after it get above a 4000 - 4500 it will smooth back out. forgot to mention I have an HKS ssqv, so I tried adjusting that and that didn't help any I am not sure if any hoses are leaking, they don't seem to be cause it holds a pretty solid boost, it peaks above 20psi according to my autometer carbon boost gauge, but the accessport only says 18. and in the higher rpms it doesn't make the sound in any gear.
I have had this setup for about 700 miles now.

not sure if this has anything to do with it but I got a cell last night p0442, that the accessport says is and evaprative emission control leak.

Thanks,

Nathan

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I am pretty sure its not the wastegate. and wouldn't boost fluctuate a lot if the compressor was stalling? and its the HKS bov so I dunno that it would be a spring being its a pull type valve so no amout of pressure would force it open it takes a sudden change for it to open doesn't it? I tried adjusting the screw on the back of it and that changed nothing.

its really annoying cause if I am crusin in 5th at any speed that rpms are below 4 grand if I go to more than about half throttle and it builds near or full boost it starts fluttering then the car starts jerking its really annoying. I know this can't be normal the sound how ever does sound like it maybe be coming from the bov I geuss I will try switchin to the stock one and see if that helps.
I will pull off my intercooler and check all the hoses for leaks also.
has anyone else had this problem or something similar?

·
Registered
766 Posts
Switch back to the stock valve and see if that resolves your problem. If not, then you need to provide more information. What does it sound like, where is the noise coming from, etc.

Calvin

·
Registered
773 Posts
cnk said:
Switch back to the stock valve and see if that resolves your problem.
:thumbup:

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ok i finally found my stock bov so I installed that and still the same problem but i don't think its the bov making sound cause its still the same sound and the stock bov makes a diffrent sound from the HKS, so how do I track this down?

would it be something with the restricter? cause I still have the one that came with the Vf34 on there and cobb says to use theres.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Pull the T and hoses off your stock tdo4 and use those. You shouldnt be at 20 psi. I think your hitting fuel cut.

The swoosh is from the turbo maybe.

Heres my story to help you along. I used everything my 34 came with. I would boost to 19-20 and then the car would die down to 14 or so back to 18 then 15 and steady out at 17. What is happening is the ECU is catching it then restricting boost then allowing and catching it again. I swapped over to the factory T &hoses and all was fine.

Good luck

·
Registered
264 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
well the boost gauge reads that it will spike 20+ but the accessport will only ever read a spike of about 18 and the smooths out so I don't think thats it. but I will give it a try. I hate to use the stock lines though cause I was thinking of selling it and I don't wana screw someone over with the wrong hoses

but I will try switch the hoses tonight

Thanks,

Nathan

1 - 9 of 9 Posts