ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm going to try to describe this as best as possible.

I have an 04 WRX other than the EJ207 version 8 sti swap all I have is a cat back and Short ram intake. The other day I noticed the turbo not sounding normal, instead of the normal *sssshhh sound (gears 1-3 constant sound), now when in 4th the turbo sounds more like *sssh sssh sssh sssh (gear 4 not constant). I was wondering how can I fix it? since it doesn't sound like a good thing.

·
Pro Manscaper
21,455 Posts
well, how to fix would be contingent on what the problem is...and that's not a very good description of a problem.

Stock v.8 engine and turbo? Sounds like your turbo is fluttering under full 4th gear load (that is if the problem is occurring under WOT). Has the driveability of the car changed at all? Still feeling full power? Also, where are you located? Sounds like it is just wastegate flutter to me which isn't always a problem.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, currently stock v8 and turbo. I was going to get it tuned but I noticed this issue, and was wondering if this can cause problems after the tune. And yes, when under WOT it does start to flutter and then stops after 5.5k rpms. as for the power, it feels like something is holding it back (feel the car somewhat struggling).

--I'm located in New Jersey.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts