ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings.

Ive been a big fan of the window deleflectors/visors from weathertech so i decided to get some for my 2012 sti 5 door. On the weathertech website they dont have a option for sti and only impreza (as well as forester, legacy and such) for the 2012 so i selected 2011 assuming it being identical. Also, there was no option for 4 door or 5 door. I called customer service and the lady didnt know which model they offered it for.

So my ultimate question is, are the windows for 4 door and 5 door the same? I dont want to have to stress til they come and i can just simply cancel my order. And is the 2012 and 2011 sti windows the same? Leaning towards yes on that one going by the obvious.

Ive ordered window visors for a 2011 impreza not sure if hatch or not, to hopefully fit my 5 door sti.

Thanks in advaced!

Jj

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
The 2011 and 2012 will be the same (for WRX and STI, the base Impreza changed of course)...... the WRX and STi will be the same....questions left are:

Will base Impreza and STi be the same?

Will sedan and hatch be the same?

Well, according to autoparts warehouse, the same part fits on all imprezas and sub-models 2008-2011....and since the '12 wrx/sti are the same as '11, the answer is yes to all your questions.

To help any others out, here are the weather tech model numbers:

Light tint -
70472 front only
71472 rear only
72472 front and rear

Dark tint -
80472 front only
81472 rear only
82472 front and rear

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh sweet thanks! Hope it wasnt too much trouble for the research.

Now to wait for my visors to come :woot:

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
no trouble at all.

When you get them, post up some pics....I have been thinking about getting some too, just not sure if I would like the look, so some images would be nice :)

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oh cool thanks. So it is possible lol. Fedex' eta is this friday. Will be posting pics. :stoked:

·
Registered
439 Posts
you'll be fine. sedan and hatch have the same exact doors/windows.

·
Lando Calrissian
3,787 Posts
Nicely done sir :thumbup:

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
thanks guys, my only concern is that the front pass window gets caught on the visor. spent all of yesterday asking my passenger to almost chop his finger off pushing on the plastic for the window to clear to shut. anyone have any similar problems? ill try reinstalling them but its only on that window could it be defective? should i contact weathertech?

·
Registered N00b
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
update: i took off the passenger window visor and saw that the insert part was chipped and missing in 3 different pieces. i checked inside the window catch for the missing pieces for it and it wasnt in there. WT said to send over some pictures of it to have a replacement shipped over. these visors fit really tight and snug.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts