ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
13,126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Late at night, someone named Chris was driving to NYC from Boston. It was on the highway at night, and Chris was with his girlfriend Audrey. Audrey was sleeping in the passenger seat of Chris's black Audi A4 sedan. While driving, Audrey woke up and looked over at Chris, and realized he didn't have his seatbelt on. She whispered to him, still half asleep "Chris, put on your seatbelt." Chris put on his seatbelt. Literally 30 seconds later, the Audi's front driver side tire blew out, sending the car spinning into the concrete median, totalling it. Both Chris and Audrey walked away.

This is a story my best friend just told me, and it freaked me out. Please put your seatbelts on or you might not be here tomorrow. Thank goodness I can say I'll see Chris again.

·
Registered
17 Posts
what exactly do you gain from not wearing one? I guess I dont see the point.
BTW: Thats a freaky story. :eek3:

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
That's crazy, lucky to have that girlfriend. With all this "click it or ticket" it should get people in line. Iv'e seen too many people I know die from not wear seatbelts to not be wearing mine. The mayors son was speeding 80 in a 25:eek3:, no seatbelt, passenger walked away... my boy Tom didn't.

R.I.P

·
Registered
1,133 Posts
No brainer indeed. It takes 3 sec to put on a seat belt. If you survive the crash your looking at possible years of therepy.

NEVER drive more than 10ft without it on. It's not worth it for the 3sec of your time.

Glad your boy is ok man.

·
Registered
5,207 Posts
Im glad he's ok also, i never go anywhere with out it i mean how can they say oo i look dumb with it. its a freaking belt everyone has one so shut up and wear it kids.

·
Registered
677 Posts
It feels wierd driving and not having one on.

Theres no real reason not to wear one. It doesnt really bother you and it'll save your ass if you get into a wreck

·
Registered
1,343 Posts
What GTscoob said: It does feel weird without it on. Just this night I was moving my car around a parking lot at a car meet with out my seatbelt on and i felt wierd! LOL...just a habit Im used to i guess!

·
Registered
0 Posts
I feel naked without my seatbelt. What a minute... DAMN... I forgot my pants.... Oh well.. at least I have a seat belt :)

·
Registered
461 Posts
Man...I'm gonna sound like a geezer here...but when I was growing up, we never wore seat belts. I remember my Dad unhooking the buzzer in the station wagon so it wouldn't go off when they didn't buckle up. Many trips to Grandma's house jumping and rolling around the back of the wagon playing with my hot wheels and such. It wasn't until 85 we started wearing belts, and I only remember that because the Thunderbird my parents bought would give you a little slack on the belt if you pulled it. Just enough to make it bearable to wear for us seat belt heathens.
Of course back then we would also ride around in the bed of the truck. I would probably be brought out at gunpoint if I let my 9 year old ride around town in the bed of our truck...lol.

Anyway - I don't feel right if I don't have my belt on. Frankly, it wouldn't bother me at all if a car wouldn't even start unless the seat belt was engaged. That's just me though....

Josh - glad your friends are OK.

·
Registered
907 Posts
My car Doesnt get put in gear untill everybody is Buckled uP! I even Buckle up my compute and monitor when driving...last thing i want in an accident is a 50Lb monitor and a 50Lb computer flying at me!

The thing that pisses me off the Most is when i see a lil kid standing up in a car! Obviously not wearing seatbelts!! Kids and seatbelts are a Must!!

·
Registered
3,717 Posts
Lemme get this straigh ..

he puts on the seat belt?
10-30 seconds later he gets into an accident?

:confused1 maybe the seatbelt cause it ...

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
I actually feel more comfortable with my seatbelt on, I would wear it even if it did not protect me!!!

-joe

1 - 16 of 16 Posts