ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all my first post,

To introduce myself... I am Mark:thumbup:

This being my first Subaru purchase I have to say I am very impressed with the cars overall build quality and power, that being said it just seems like it does not have the power I would expect in the two top gears. I t may be just me but it seems like the boost is at a reduced level, is this normal?

I have the COBB lightened pulley installed as the only mod, which I do like BTW.

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
welcome man this is a good place for info and always feel free to ask questions i can answer:confused: im sure someone will respond soon though. lots of hard cor car builders here

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
What car? Boost gauge?

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry, I left out the important stuff...

2011 WRX base model, no boost gauge.

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
I would suggest getting one. That way you will actually know if there is a problem.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I will get one for sure. What boost should I be seeing in that range?

·
Registered
169 Posts
What speed are you at when you're trying to accelerate in 4th? Unless you're going over 80 already, you may just be over geared. The boost doesn't really start to come on until around 4k rpm.

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Why exactly do you say you like the pulley?

Because the pulley does absolutely nothing, and certainly nothing you could ever notice.

·
Registered
902 Posts
When my car was stock I felt it was pretty weak even in 3rd gear and lacked top end. It's a completely different car after adding a full turbo back exhaust, AEM intake, and Cobb AP.
However, being an awd 4 cylinder the wrx/sti is not known for it's top end power.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Reduction in rotational mass equals quicker rev up and down of the engine. I know it produces zero horsepower and torque, but it will help the engine make more efficient use of the power it already produces.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
"When my car was stock I felt it was pretty weak even in 3rd gear and lacked top end. It's a completely different car after adding a full turbo back exhaust, AEM intake, and Cobb AP.
However, being an awd 4 cylinder the wrx/sti is not known for it's top end power. "

That is the answer I was hoping to get :)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts