ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 20 of 167 Posts

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear Community Members,

We are very excited to announce that we are live from the new platform! We have been working hard over the past few months with leading design and product firm to deliver a cleaner, faster and more engaging experience for you and your community. We have leveraged XenForo tools and features but added layers of modern design and technology to make the site run faster, smoother and overall be more reliable. All of the valuable and informative content archived within your community is still here, even though the layout may look a bit different. Check out some of the new improvements:

Engage with your community wherever you are and on the go!
The site is optimized for all screen sizes, including mobile. All features are available and ready to use on all devices.

Speed and reliability are the foundation of this new platform.
No one should have to wait for information. This site has been built to be much faster and more reliable, period.

Easy to use and navigate.
We have made the design clean and simple to focus on the areas the community uses the most and removed the clutter. The collapsed menu by your profile avatar will provide easy access to the most popular topics as well as Showcase and Gallery to view the latest photos from your fellow members.

Show off your own collection.
We have introduced “My Showcase” for you to build and display images of your own collection or wish list to the rest of the community. This is your opportunity to upload often and share your passion!

Feel the pulse of the community.
Your home page now features the most active topics, viewed photos, recommended reading and top contributing members. This will help keep you the most up to date on what’s happening in your community.

Search.
We have introduced new and powerful search algorithms that should help you find your information faster. Depending on the size of your community and volume of archived content; our search indexing tool may take a number of hours to complete. During the migration process, you may see a limited number of posts made by users. Also, the search thread/post/user tools will only be servicing recent content until indexing has been completed. We appreciate your patience.

These are just a few of the great new functions and features to try on the site. Please take a tour and look around! If you have any questions, please check out the HELP section for some quick FAQs about the new platform, Help Section

Please let us know what you think about the new experience, your feedback is important to us.

Thank you all for your support during this amazing journey!

~ Community Support

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dear Community Members,

In an effort to bring you consistent improvements to your community experience, you will receive update notices from us frequently. These updates are based on continuously supporting the technology that powers your community as well as introducing new and improved features based on your feedback. We have released another platform update today and here are some key things to look out for:

Following

Following a thread is a great way to stay up-to-date on the topic, and receive alerts or emails when there are new replies. Thread subscriptions and watched threads are now called “Followed”. Threads are referred to as “Discussions”. Your followed content can be accessed by clicking on your user avatar, and clicking “Following”. We have improved the performance and added view counts to your followed discussions to better organize your favorites.

Looking for the latest posts in the most popular discussions? These are easy to find using the quick link at the top of the page to head over to popular discussions. There is a tab that lists new posts specifically so you can stay on top of “what’s new”.

Dark Mode

We have heard great feedback about our new dark mode. As one of our favorite features, dark mode allows you to access the site with a power-saving and easier on the eyes layout. You can access it through the right-hand drop-down menu. We are continuously improving the readability in this low light state. Let us know what you think!

Performance

We are constantly testing new ways to improve our performance and the speed of the site. Your feedback and experiences help us to diagnose any issues and deliver improvements. We have added to our infrastructure recently to provide more horsepower and there are continued improvements to page performance coming in the next couple of weeks. Please continue to send us your feedback. Your insights are extremely powerful in helping us to support your community better.

Thank you,
Community Support

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,281 Posts
It is difficult to find two things that are IMO vital:

1. Past threads in which one has posted, in descending historic order.

2. Threads in which anyone has posted recently, again in descending historic order.

On the other hand the loss of the chat feature should help reduce the number of active members and ensure few people use the site, so accessibility should go up and you won't have to worry about suitcases full of money etc.

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is difficult to find two things that are IMO vital:

1. Past threads in which one has posted, in descending historic order.

2. Threads in which anyone has posted recently, again in descending historic order.

On the other hand the loss of the chat feature should help reduce the number of active members and ensure few people use the site, so accessibility should go up and you won't have to worry about suitcases full of money etc.
1. I am not 100% certain I understand what you are reporting, so I am going to make an attempt at responding here. If I don't get it right, just holler at me. :p

If you go to your profile, you will see a "Find" button. Clicking on it will open a drop-down menu to select either, all content or all threads. Is that what you are looking for?

2. Is this what you are looking for?

From the navigation, near the upper right-hand corner, click on the trending button.

This will open a new page where you can click to choose “new posts”.

You can also choose to “mark forums read” on that same page.

Let me know if that helps or if you have more questions.

- Cricket

·
2,546 Posts
I participate on several forums that now use XenForo, and have been admin and moderator on two. This version used on clubWRX is by for the most cumbersome and far less than obvious to navigate. A "new posts since last visit" button should be available on the front page without having to use cryptic icons and multiple pages.

Where is the Member menu? Who's online? Birthdays?

Every other XenForo forum has a small version of the user's avatar next to threads they have participated in. Not here, though.

Screen Shot 2019-06-13 at 1.16.43 PM.png

So far, it appears that there have been fewer daily posts than prior to the change. Maybe the lack of clarity in navigation contributes to this.

·
2,546 Posts
It also looks like the member's profile can only show the latest 200 posts. Where are the posts prior to that? In some cases, that's only within the last few months. The "Threads by smorris" only shows that I've started 18 threads in my 17 years here. @SD_GR has started 14. These are grossly inaccurate.

There is no "Advanced Search" like on every other XenForo forum. So searching for "muffler" posted by member "Joe" is not possible. Searching simply by "muffler" yields just 200 results, when we know that there are thousands of posts containing "muffler".

Other XenForo forums show the username of the latest poster in the "New Posts" listing.

"Watched Threads" is missing.

While I really like XenForo as a platform, this rendition of it takes an already slow forum and makes it even more difficult to use.

·
Master linguitist
10,019 Posts
I'm really bummed out by not being able to get the Tapatalk app to work here. As mentioned previously it will not authenticate my Tapatalk login at all.

The new layout is better than the old mobile one, but it's still cumbersome compared to some other layouts. The reasons above listed by smorris are exactly the reason i prefer using Tapatalk, even over a pc.

Although user activity is down the loss of chat is a brutal blow to what helped make this community unique.

·
Registered
5 Posts
A "new posts since last visit" button should be available on the front page without having to use cryptic icons and multiple pages.

I agree with the above. takes multiple clicks to get to new posts.

·
BooSTIng
2,594 Posts
I have a gripe or two about the new look on here. First of all, something that is very important to me, is updating the original post on my build thread. I have countless hours into my build thread on here, and I cannot find a way to "edit" the post to update my current build. Maybe I am missing something obvious, but not being able to edit my posts is very irritating.

Overall, the new look and everything I like, I hate not having the chat anymore, like mentioned above, it was one thing that made this community stand out from others.

At first it was a little difficult to navigate the forums, but after playing with it for a few minutes its not bad at all and much more appealing.

But PLEASE allow me to edit my posts!!!

·
Administrator
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Time limits are used in order to preserve useful thread content, while also protecting the forum against spam. We have formulated the current times in a way to best prevent thread confusion and time gaps left vulnerable to spam. If you have a thread that requires editing after the time limit is up, there is still hope! Contact one of the forum mods and they will gladly assist.

- Cricket

·
Master linguitist
10,019 Posts
Time limits are used in order to preserve useful thread content, while also protecting the forum against spam. We have formulated the current times in a way to best prevent thread confusion and time gaps left vulnerable to spam. If you have a thread that requires editing after the time limit is up, there is still hope! Contact one of the forum mods and they will gladly assist.

- Cricket
That is completely and entirely useless for an automotive forum. It infact is so stupid that it boggles my mind it's overlooked.

This is an automotive forum built around enthusiast vehicles. Builds of cars go on for months, and years updates to the original post throughout the build keep the thread from being confusing. To contact a moderator to have them edit the thread is unrealistic.

·
BooSTIng
2,594 Posts
I am with XJ on this one. It seems pointless to me to not allow the original poster to edit their own posts. Especially in a build thread. The original post is used as a cover story almost to the build of my car and is constantly updated so that new people or people just wanted to see what all I have done to the car can view the first post and be up to date.

I can see this logic working on some other sections of the forum, but for the majority, it does not at all. This forum is making a turn in the wrong direction and it saddens me. Not only am I long time member and contributor here, but I also annually pay for a premium membership....... Unacceptable if you ask me.

·
28,281 Posts
Contact one of the forum mods and they will gladly assist.

- Cricket
People should be able to edit their own posts. The mods are volunteers.

·
28,281 Posts
As you mentioned earlier the bags of money from increased users and ad revenue must be too heavy for them to carry.
It's a hard life.

·
Registered
192 Posts
I need to edit all my FS ads

Who's bored since I am not able to do it myself?

Do I like email you a college thesis on all my changes and what is the time frame? Cant someone do this NOW like we used to?

·
28,281 Posts
If your country is a party to The Hague Convention, send me notarised copies of your edits in triplicate and with an apostille by overnight courier. I’ll shred two copies and eat the third.

1 - 20 of 167 Posts
About this Discussion
166 Replies
9 Participants
CWRX admin
ClubWRX Forum
We invite you to join our Subaru Impreza WRX and STi community to discuss engine mods, builds, detailing, and more.
Full Forum Listing