Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so after 1125 miles, here's what methinks:

I miss my leased A4, but I'm damn happy with my financed WRX. The handling is spot-on (my A4 used to make me seasick in turns) although I do miss the relaxed freeway ride of the Audi - the Rex can get very tiresome over long stretches with many expansion joints. Maybe I'm old...

Good acceleration, even with the slushbox - although I find myself having to manually hold 3rd alot coming off of corners to keep the revs up and avoid lag. The paint's VERY thin and easy to scratch, so I'm trying to be real careful and need to get a good coat of wax (if I had known it was THIS thin I'd have gotten Platinum Silver to hide the scratches).

The doors are a bit tinny, the trunk very tinny, but then again I came off an A4, which was vault-like solid. Of course, my A4 from the beginning had more rattles than a baby convention (whereas the WRX sofar has none) and was plagued constantly by nagging intermittent electrical problems. I miss the pretty red dash lights, too. But hell, I do have my third sun visor!...

But, realistically, Subaru did a helluva job with this little thing. When you consider that this IS an Impreza (their entry-level model) and the emissions hurdles SOA had to go through to get this car here, it's amazing that for $25K I can have such a fast, aglie, well-equipped car with 227 HP, get to 60 in 6.5 seconds without having to shift for myself and get 25mpg if I exercise moderate restraint, AND I can fit all my stuff in the trunk and carry three other people (two of which granted would have to be very small or very flexible).

These are good times.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I hate to tell yah, but the silver doesnt really hide door dings and scratches very well due do the paint being so thin. But damn it looks good.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
it's a good thing somebody ELSE noticed the paint. i thought maybe i was just going paranoid.

so i was thinking, how about a nice, heavy duty clear coat job? it might even add a little depth to the color too...

·
Registered
14 Posts
Oh,the thin paint! I have a door ding already, and the paint really does seem thin. I guess I'll have to accept this, and look at the brighter side. Less weight! :D
I will need to give it a good (non-abrasive) wax job soon. Anyone got any ideas on a good wax for a platinum silver car?
regards,
darryl

1 - 4 of 4 Posts