ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm just curious if anyone has an idea as to what the problem could be. I have an 02. The problem started about a week ago and it happens when i turn the air conditioning on. It takes at least 5 minutes until it starts but what i think is that it must be condensation forming. I can start to hear it in the fan area but if i make a turn to the left it will "purge" and spray out. A few days ago I found where the drip is coming from. It comes out of the foam where two plastic pieces meet one coming from the fan. I attached a pic so you can see. any ideas?? ANY help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
check your evaporator water drain hose...Ill bet its clogged...usually you can stick some mechanics wire up there and clean it out or spray some compressed air up there and it will clear out...

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,508 Posts
If you have an aftermarket downpipe it may have melted the hose by being too close to it. See if the hose is still there first.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you have an aftermarket downpipe it may have melted the hose by being too close to it. See if the hose is still there first.
no aftermarket downpipe.....i'm gonna check the hose when i can get into my buddy's shop....any other ideas...will i need to take the lower dash section off to get at it

·
Super Moderator (Actually a SuperSpy)
28,508 Posts
no aftermarket downpipe.....i'm gonna check the hose when i can get into my buddy's shop....any other ideas...will i need to take the lower dash section off to get at it
The hose outputs to the engine bay. See if it is still attached and if so, whether water is expelled. It may be clogged.

On the inside, look for cracks in the plastic housing that may be leaking and/or a disconnected hose.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The hose outputs to the engine bay. See if it is still attached and if so, whether water is expelled. It may be clogged.

On the inside, look for cracks in the plastic housing that may be leaking and/or a disconnected hose.
just decided i had enough went out to the car bent the hose up and sure enough all clogged....spider web gunk haha wiped it out a little bit and it works! thanks again

1 - 11 of 11 Posts