Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey all, i have a SARD short ram intake installed and last time i washed my car i noticed water around the intake area. well, today i decided to cover the intake with a plasic bag and after i was done washing there was definitely water on the plastic bag. i was using one of those jet sprays at a car wash, has anybody else noticed this? i'm wondering if it's the jet spray or it also happens when driving in rain?(water leaking thru).

·
Registered
907 Posts
This is definitely not good...I always try not to spray water into the hoodscoop when washing my car. Its best to not drive if possible during heavy rain. Water in the intake chamber/combustion chamber is

·
Registered
160 Posts
I don't think that spraying in the hoodscoop is going to be dangerous. I personally NEVER user water on the underhood. There are electrical things in there that will not take kindly to such things. That being said, by the time small amounts of water get through the turbo, they will be evaporated and simply make the day hotter to an extent. I can't comment on what it will do to the MAF sensor, though.

·
Registered
404 Posts
Your fine. Just don't do out of your way to spray water on your filter. Under normal driving, in heavy rain your not going to get substantial amounts of water on your filter.
I run AEM intake with the airfilter behind the fog lights. I drive through heavy S.Florida down poors and no problems at all.

I would not be concerned at all if I had a short ram intake when driving in the rain.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts