ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My one year old WRX was briefly flooded in a flash flood for several hours on 9/25. Water just over seat bottoms. Started reluctantly the next morning, but drove like normal after a few miles, except for water sloshing around in places. We left for a long planned vacation the next morning so parked in a friends garage for the 2 weeks we were gone. Ran fine when we got home, but still water sloshing, so Geico took it away. I wanted them to total it so GAP insurance would cover a suitable replacement, but they would not go for that. They will happily spend 10 grand to repair a 30G car this young, instead. Everything that was underwater was replaced, or taken apart, cleaned and wiped with bleach and dried. Everything is working fine now, but it needs the weight sensor for the passenger seat for the SRS airbag system. Part # 64139VA00VH is back ordered nationwide, and holding up my getting the car back. Anyone know where I can get one quicker? They won't install a used one from a junked car, because of safety liability concerns.

2nd question.. I did not realize when I bought the car, that the summer only high performance tires were the sole tire on offer when I purchased, so I got 2nd hand aggressive snow and ice tires on black steelies for winter use. I expect that in another year, I will have to replace the original tires, and want to buy all-weather high performance tire, so looking for recommendation. I don't check in here often, but will try to monitor this thread. I can also be privately reached at work or home email, or mobile.

william(dot)[email protected](dot)UTC(dot)com or bill(at)mitchel(dot)net or text to 860 - three 91 - 17 hundred

Thanks in advance, for any helpful suggestions of advice!!

Cheers!!

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 74 Audi Fox was flooded by an unusually high tide during the blizzard of 78. The insurance co. paid the stealership to clean it up and get thing running again. After a few years, while I had it up on a lift for some unrelated issue, I noticed that the floor of the car had rotted out from the frame on the drivers side and my butt was mere inches away from scraping on the road after every bump I hit. This was salt water so you may not have this problem, but be on the lookout.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Finally got the car back after about 2 months. The passenger front seat bottom, with built in SRS weight sensor was on nationwide back order. Everything that was underwater that could be replaced was, and everywhere was cleaned and wiped with bleach and dried. All fluids replaced, brakes taken apart and cleaned. Car seems fine except the clicking of the front CV joints is a little more pronounced when backing up slowly in full lock. But the car has done that somewhat since new, so I imagine it's normal? 30,000 mile service is soon, so will ask the Service Tech at the dealer then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts