ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard something abt it but im not rly quite sure but does the 2004 wrx ej40 have a internal type wastegate and would it be possible to get a external type or even swap it out for a external type or just put one in and run both (if thats even possible) and which would be more beneficial and how efficient it is.

·
Registered
907 Posts
I am so freaking lost~!

But i will try!

All the WRX come with a Built in waste gate from the factory...meaning it is built into the turbo housing.

No you cannot run both, and there is no reason to block the stock one and go external. there are only a few aftermarket turbos that even use them for the WRX, and they are massive turbos!

WRX comes with a EJ20
STI comes with a EJ25

ther is no EJ40 that i know of...If there was I would be a Very happy man...because that would mean we have a 4l 6 or 8Cy Horizontaly opposed!

·
Registered
253 Posts
he probally typoed the ej40 part, either that or he just thought that the 2 in ej20 corresponded to the year 2002, so he puts in a 4 for 2004... i wouldnt be worrying about wastegates if i didnt even know the engine code.;)

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
POLAR said:
he probally typoed the ej40 part, either that or he just thought that the 2 in ej20 corresponded to the year 2002, so he puts in a 4 for 2004... i wouldnt be worrying about wastegates if i didnt even know the engine code.;)
sorry abt that didnt notice the typo!:eek3: but yeah i know at least the wrx has a ej20 lol

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
EJghost20 said:
ive heard something abt it but im not rly quite sure but does the 2004 wrx ej40 have a internal type wastegate and would it be possible to get a external type or even swap it out for a external type or just put one in and run both (if thats even possible) and which would be more beneficial and how efficient it is.
Don't take offense, and this isn't a 'flame,' but if you make your posts cohesive and clearer, you'll get more people answering, and hence better answers. Welcome to the club.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts