ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
882 Posts
Are you talking about a wastegate actuator or a external wastegate? If you are wanting to swap to an external wastegate I would check out GrimmSpeed.com, if you want to upgrade your wastegate actuator I would look into a three valve EBCS and I think Forged Performance makes a actuator.

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
Exactly what are you looking for and what's done to the car already?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Would like to upgrade to an external wastegate and have the boost controller as well. I had a check engine code come up for "waste gate solenoid malfunction" and I was told that could cause boost creep. I converted the mPa to psi and I don't think 17lbs is normal for a stock 04 wrx.

All I've got in there is a full turbo back Greddy exhaust, that's pretty much everything performance wise

·
Premium Member
6,501 Posts
All I've got in there is a full turbo back Greddy exhaust, that's pretty much everything performance wise
Well if you have no engine management then thats why your seeing higher boost levels from installing a TBE. You not getting boost creep,you are just flat out over boosting. The wastegate code is due to the overboosting. An ECU retune would fix this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So then if that's the case, along with the retune, would I have to upgrade my injectors as well or are the stock injectors good enough to handle the higher boost levels??

·
Master Baiter
22,114 Posts
04WRX_wagon said:
So then if that's the case, along with the retune, would I have to upgrade my injectors as well or are the stock injectors good enough to handle the higher boost levels??
A lot of people run stock injectors on a StageII (uppipe / turboback / reflash) setup.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What could cause "bank 1 running lean" could that possibly just be a plugged injector? Or perhaps and injector going out or leaking??

·
Registered
2,663 Posts
Get tuned! All kinds of CELs will come on from not being tuned. And after you handle that don't do an ounce more of modifying until you know what you are doing

·
Registered
6,751 Posts
Yes you need to mod the car correctly or your questions are just useless. Put on some EM and then come back if you have any problems.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts