Subaru WRX Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a stock wrx and i went into a drift in high 1st gear. I hit the rev limiter a few times so i could come out of the drift in first and continue going. Everything went fine with the completion of the drift but the first time i started my car after that drift, the check engine light came on. I believe it might be the timing belt because i have had previous problems with that. The last time the light came on i left it alone for a few days and it was gone. Just wondering if it may be the timing belt or what anyone else thinks and I would greatly appreciate it if someone could give me any suggestions on how to fix the problem.

·
Registered
692 Posts
Oil shifting in the pan?

Careful running it hard like that.

Vostok 7

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No mods done before the cel. If it is just shifted oil, should I just restart the computer? and if it was the timing belt would i even be able to drive?

·
Registered
258 Posts
You should be able to get the code pulled at a autoparts store for free or a small charge. Or take it into your dealer. I personally wouldn't erase the code.

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
dude, I believe is the same in all cars, but if it was the timing belt, you would know. It would shut off on you or not start at all.

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Def make sure to get it pulled, DONT RESET. That way you can keep track of whats up. If it happens alot you may want to check out some prices for OBD scanners, they have some at pepboys/autozone that arent to bad.

·
Registered
79 Posts
If the car is really bone stock (and doesn't look beat on) You may want to clean it up and have the dealer take a look.

Oh and try not to bounce off the rev limiter to much! :eek3: :tongue:

·
Registered
14 Posts
When you hit your rev limiter a certain amount of times the ECU has automatically shuts down the turbo. The ECU doesnt signal that until the car gets shut off. After five starts the check engine light will go off. dont hit the limiter alot. screws up timing and belts.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts