ClubWRX Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up a 2008 wrx the other day.. And as much as I want to keep it stock..I know after winter i'm going to get the bug.. I've modded every other car I've owned (turbo honda,gti,jetta) even my dodge ram diesel.

Now my question is..on my dodge ram turbo diesel I had a programer that would upload differnt software.. and If i had warrenty work needed to be done I could just turn it back to stock and dealer would not know.

Can I do this with the accesport?
I'd like to go stage two. the dealer can't deny warrenty due to just an exhaust (they have to prove the exhaust caused the problem)

So if I had a TBE and a stage 2 tune.. how easy is it to go back to stock for a trip to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
17,655 Posts
I just picked up a 2008 wrx the other day.. And as much as I want to keep it stock..I know after winter i'm going to get the bug.. I've modded every other car I've owned (turbo honda,gti,jetta) even my dodge ram diesel.

Now my question is..on my dodge ram turbo diesel I had a programer that would upload differnt software.. and If i had warrenty work needed to be done I could just turn it back to stock and dealer would not know.

Can I do this with the accesport?
I'd like to go stage two. the dealer can't deny warrenty due to just an exhaust (they have to prove the exhaust caused the problem)

So if I had a TBE and a stage 2 tune.. how easy is it to go back to stock for a trip to the dealer?
Yes you can go back to stock w/ the accessport. Other than that, you answered all your own questions!

·
Registered
353 Posts
true, they can't deny warranty on your power windows b/c of ur exhaust. dealers have to prove that the aftermarket part caused the failure. if you have any problems with the engine/drivetrain with stage 2, the dealer will most likely deny the warranty claim. i've heard of some dealers even warranty cobb stage 2 if they install it. I wish my local dealers were more mod friendly.

and it is very easy for techs to tell you went back to stock. fresh scratches on the bolts, etc... they can also tell you if you have re-flashed your ECU. might piss them off more that you tried to hide it.

i'd say do it. they say the 08's have the LGT gears. i've been looking forward to hearing how the 08 trannies hold up to stage 2 power levels. hopefully better than the 06/07 years, stupid 3rd gear.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts